Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Empty Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown

Post by supermo Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:35 am

But isn't it time our latest 2IAR quiz winner got the right to set the next Friday night quiz?
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Empty Re: Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown

Post by supermo Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:45 pm

Meanwhile here's a (not very good) pic from Jonathan Richman's Glasgow gig a week past Saturday. Eclectic, maverick, entertaining. In short, the guy's mental but it was a good show.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown JonathanRichman101009

Last edited by supermo on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:12 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Note: At least someone on here posts pics from gigs....PS Crown's a cunt.)
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:51 pm

Here's a quick snap of Immogreen er Don Quixote and his faithful manservant Sev, eh Sancho Panza (or is it the nazi and his devoted SS guard lenoard?) ah well you know what I mean...

Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown DonQuixoteMadrid1009
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:49 am

Christ yes mo, the more people setting quizzes the better, diversity rules. Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_biggrin

Jamie T was cancelled as you well know. Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_sad

Nice pics, your gig and trip deffo happened then. Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:04 am

I thought he played the Barrowlands? Did he cancel the whole tour??

Obviously a poof.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:32 am

Yep, whole UK tour mate. Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_sad

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:37 am

Just back from Tinariwen at the ABC 2.

Their percussionist took seriously ill in Glasgow today, and is in the Royal Infirmary for tests tonight. What did the band do? The 8-piece became a 7-piece, they took turns on drums, and played two sets tonight. REAL men not Jamie T broken-nail faggots...

Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Tinariwen3211009-1

I love this guy, Ibrahim. Makes the guitar look so fukkin easy, but what a musician. Second time I've seen Tinariwen and I'm still trying to work out how he plays some of the licks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Tinariwen1211009

Read his biog here and realise what kind of life this guy has led...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinariwen

Makes Jamie T and his sore throat sound like a fudge-packing jessie fukkwit, if you ask me. Cool
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:12 am

Tinariwen - Never heard of em. Jamie T is god. Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_twisted

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:38 am

crownliquor wrote:Tinariwen - Never heard of em. Jamie T is god. Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_twisted

Yes, a true god. Until (tickle tickle) he caught a little (sniffle) cough and had to cancel his "sell out tour" (stifled laughter), keeping all the money in the bank for a few weeks of course (wheeze, splutter).

Tinariwen = real men (and what a surprise, the Licker "hasn't heard of them", limp-wristed fukkwit) Laughing
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:47 pm

supermo wrote: limp-wristed fukkwit

There you go with the homophobia again. Just come out the closet mo, we'll embrace (not in the way you're hoping for you filthy bum boy Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_biggrin ) and support you. Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown 722820

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:39 pm

Avoiding the real question again Crown, i.e. Jamie T's limp cancellation of gigs.

Reminds me of the Mint ignoring reality at a Rangers AGM for the last 10 years Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 am

Some worrying financial rumours on the Gers board today mo. Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_sad

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:21 am

Nonsense, I don't find them worrying at all! Twisted Evil
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:29 am

supermo wrote:Nonsense, I don't find them worrying at all! Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_twisted

We shouldn't laugh Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_evil

but fuck it Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_cheers Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_basketball
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:15 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_lol Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_lol Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_lol Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_lol Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Tsbdongle
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:36 am

It's like when we were on the brink in the 90s innit.

Except that there's no cracked crests.

Or photos of a hearse outside Ibrox

And instead of undisguised glee, the coverage seems to be fluctuating between frowny concern and attacks on the bank for not being more understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Kopfschuettel

Still... musn't grumble eh? Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Thankyoutshirt
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Very Happy Very Happy

What people tend to forget is that most of these guys are sports writers for a reason - their newspapers wouldn't trust them with any real news.

Apart from being incompetent, a lot of them come out in a rash when business is mentioned. And you can be sure that the Mint and his spin doctors will be threatening them with all sorts this week behind the scenes.

So it's really a case of being feart and being, well, shite. The laptop loyal in action.

Did you see Keevins' work of fiction with Brian Dempsey on Rangers, "the man who saved Celtic".

"The man who talked shite, failed to produce any money, tried to grease the palms of his Labour mates and move the club to Robroyston, and who left as soon as Fergus McCann called his bluff", I think Hugh meant....
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Remember you writing a piece about Rangers' debt a bit ago mo, did you know it was as bad as now seems apparent?

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:33 pm

Rangers' debt position would be obvious to anyone looking at MIH's position, Crown. A mate of mine, who used to work for the Mint and is a CA (and a hun, but in a nice way Very Happy), was the first guy to point it out to me, and that was 8 years ago during the Advocaat era.

Unfortunately for everyone (especially Rangers' fans at the moment) our sports hacks are too thick and too compliant to actually spot when they're being led by the nose.

This isn't tft btw, it's just that we end up being poorly served by our media. Even now half of them don't seem to get it. David Murray is a great sales-led businessman, in other words when it's all about getting volume of sales (fans' bums on seats, tonnes of steel etc.) that's what he can do. The problem is that there is colossal debt (possibly 700m) in MIH and we're in a downturn. His debt is in football and the construction market - two of the worst places to be at the moment. The Mint is a complex guy - despite his millions he's still desperate to be loved and always wants to impress you. So what does he do? Keeps borrowing to keep up appearances.

When MIH "underwrote" the £50m share offer for RFC a few years back, actually it BORROWED the £50m from HBOS. This is akin to using an Amex card to settle your Visa bill - fukkin mental!
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:26 am

Interesting stuff Mo. However I think you let the media pack off too lightly as being "thick". The press and other sections of the Scottish sports media know exactly what they're about and have done for as long as I can remember. Wasn't it Alan Herron who let slip that Murray has about 75% of the media in his back pocket? There is a deliberate, across the board policy of bigging-up Rangers when appropriate, and smoothing over when the shit hits the fan. Compare and contrast

1993 with now.

The Record's (and other Scottish papers/meeja) coverage of the Manchester riots.

The widespread hailing of the new messiah Fleckaldinho compared to the meagre inches of print (including an astonishingly sour piece after the StMirren game by "Aberdeen fan" Roddy Forsyth) afforded to our own exciting new prospect Paddy McCourt.

Even in today's Herald, Broadfoot posits the suggestion that "The bank’s statement has pushed Smith to breaking point. He has, albeit unwittingly, had his greatest attribute questioned: his integrity." This about a man who walked out on the national team mid-campaign and displayed astonishing petulance at his most recent press conference. Petulance which, if it had been shown by a Celtic manager would doubtless have seen the press launch a sustained attack.

One of the side benefits about this whole affair is that I surely will never again have to put up with Huns (good or bad) pissing down my neck and telling me it's raining.

They are paid-for cheerleaders.

Their job is to undermine our confidence, while pretending everything south of the river is rosy.

Paranoia my hairy arse.
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:01 am

Maybe Immo, but most of them have been in Murray's pocket because it makes for an easy life and frankly they are quite thick and therefore easy to manipulate.

The difference between 1993 and now is that today the Scottish press is in the shitter, so it has even fewer resources (and fewer decent journalists).

No doubt there is more anti-Celtic than anti-Rangers bias in the press, but often that's come because some cunt has been feeding journalists info. Brian Dempsey is one example in the case of Celtic. With Rangers, the biggest "leaker" happens to be the owner / erstwhile chairman. His "leaks" are usually designed - guess what ? - to make him look good.

Hugh Adam had the most accurate criticism of the Mint imo.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:02 am

PS

Roddy Forsyth is a tit, but he isn't a hun.

PPS Paddy McCourt is shite, mate. Don't get carried away, he's one step up from junior football.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:44 pm

I don't think McCourt is the be all and end all Mo but that was some shot last night, I thought he broke the crossbar Correct me if I'm wrong, Crown Icon_biggrin
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:06 am

I prefer it when they go in, Jimmy Evil or Very Mad

Mowbray showed himself up last night. Concede a pen and suddenly he's making double substitutions. Panic in the dugout soon transmits to the pitch. We had 20 mins to turn the game around and instead they instantly went into headless chicken mode.

wtf's happening at cm btw ? Was in London today, missed all the drama. Or should that be drama queen?
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:42 am

Ach it's a long story mate, someone will no doubt write a book about it one day
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory