If this isn't a teaching resource...

4 posters

Go down

If this isn't a teaching resource... Empty If this isn't a teaching resource...

Post by Immo Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 am

..for a class discussion on the perils and pitfalls of punctuation.

Then I'm sober If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_smile

If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_lol If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_lol
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

If this isn't a teaching resource... Empty Re: If this isn't a teaching resource...

Post by onomatopoeia Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:11 am

I love a good ignored-full-stop faux-pas Very Happy

onomatopoeia

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

If this isn't a teaching resource... Empty Re: If this isn't a teaching resource...

Post by Immo Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:15 am

As grammatical faux-pas go it's one of the best If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_lol If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_lol

Although I do like a split infinitive delivered in a comedy accent. If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_biggrin
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by onomatopoeia Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:18 am

I don't understand what the problem is with a split infinitive. It's the wayward apostrophe that gets me. Two simple concepts! Very Happy

onomatopoeia

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:29 am

If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_lol If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_lol If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_cheers

Ahhh the wayward apostrophe If this isn't a teaching resource... 462145

I believe he's just coming to the end of his summer season on Blackpool's West Pier If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_biggrin
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:01 am

Speaking of wayward apostrophes, there was a shop opened in Byres Road a few years back called "Read's and Weed's". This in Hillhead, a place once described as the most intelligent constituency in Britain as it had the country's highest number of university degrees per head. Head In Hands

PS Jonathan Charles is an utter fanny. You know when he was a smarmy kid he used to sit in the family shed (probably a luxury shed with a pool) pretending to be a radio reporter on the Today programme. Not for Jonathan the normal boyhood pursuits of football, mischief and masturbation (though I suspect he did rather a lot of the latter).
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:07 am

Did you know they sacked Ed Stourton from Today for not being sexy enough? I thought he was fucking brilliant.

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am

There's a shop in Byre's's Road called Roots' and Fruit's which caters to the West-Endersies reggae and vitamin C requirements(eez).

Any relation? If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_biggrin
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:33 am

Immo wrote:There's a shop in Byre's's Road called Roots' and Fruit's which caters to the West-Endersies reggae and vitamin C requirements(eez).

Any relation? If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_biggrin

Isn't that on Great Western Rd? I don't frequent the West End often these days, full of poofters and comic singers.

Read's & Weed's is on Byres Rd diagonally across from Hillhead library. Or it was last time I was there sneering at their sign Very Happy

Bewlay will be on soon asking what's wrong with "Read's & Weed's". The man's a grammatical nightmare. I blame the skules.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:04 am

I think it used to be on GWR (just up a bit from Kelvinbridge tube and down a bit from Chimmy Chungas (as was)) but has moved up nearer to Hillhead tube. If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_scratch If this isn't a teaching resource... 462145

There's a foodie's wet-dream of a fish shop near it; Lovely Scallop's...

...the name of the native American woman who serves behind the counter If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_lol

HAH!! - Thought you had me there dintcha If this isn't a teaching resource... 764307 If this isn't a teaching resource... Icon_biggrin
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Yes you're right. It used to be right next to that brilliant fishmonger's (as we call "fish shops" in these here parts) in GWR.

Think they are owned by the same people.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:51 pm

If Jonathan Charles was a fish he'd be a big ole pike, exclaiming "Jonathan Cha'les, BBC NEWS!" in his Dad's gazebo.

Cunt can't even say his own fukkin name.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down