Butcher Boy at the GFT, a strange one tonight

4 posters

Go down

Butcher Boy at the GFT, a strange one tonight Empty Butcher Boy at the GFT, a strange one tonight

Post by supermo Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:27 am

Hmm, curious evening tonight at the GFT. We had a presentation of a short film and a feature called Chick's Day, directed in the early 50s in Wishaw by Enrico Cocozza, an amateur film-maker who made 60 films on 16mm from the late 40s to 1960.

Anyway Butcher Boy played a score live (Chick's Day is a silent) which was very good, then did a set which was OK - some nice touches, some terribly self-conscious OK totally naff lyrics, but there was a bird playing cello and ole Supermo always falls for a nice looking brunette sitting with her legs apart and a classical instrument between them.

Couldn't do much pic wise as they played their own set in front of some rather hypnotic home movies from the 1950s and 1960s. A whole wedding party at the Windsor in Brigton, a Christmas party in someone's home mid-60s, and a boating trip on the Crinan maybe early 70s. Here's what it looked like. I love the GFT, but not in a homo way obviously.

Butcher Boy at the GFT, a strange one tonight ButcherBoy-1-1

Immo could probably write a whole essay on this, what it means in terms of the media and social fragmentation, but then again looking at that vid he posted of his students out in the culture backwaters, how the fuck would they know? Laughing Laughing

Last edited by supermo on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typing. Plus Crown Liquor's a cunt obviously.)
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Butcher Boy at the GFT, a strange one tonight Empty Re: Butcher Boy at the GFT, a strange one tonight

Post by Gladstone Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:44 am

I’ve got an installation after reading that! Witch
Gladstone
Gladstone

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Butcher Boy at the GFT, a strange one tonight Empty Re: Butcher Boy at the GFT, a strange one tonight

Post by supermo Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:52 am

it's the cello that does it for me, G.

Gimme a good looking woman and a cello anytime...
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:08 pm

Immo's students would be better off taking nutritional rather than media studies mo. Looks like immo does impart a bit of his own nutritional instruction on the side though. Very Happy

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:59 am

"Mi guia a comer la comida basura", con El Gordo?

Numero uno a El Amazon.es! cheers
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Maricon!!! Swearing

I don't eat leftovers Mad

Only quality trough for me and Toots pig

Latest creation... St Andrew's Blinis

Fry square tattie scones in olive oil and pat dry on kitchen roll to retain crispness

Spread thinly with Lidl caviar (only 1.39 a jar Shocked ) and cut into quarters

Wee dollop of sour cream on each quarter... et voila!!

Perfect wee canape/appetiser for before your starter Smile

(St Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland and Russia - hence the name)
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Isn't St Andrew the patron saint of Greece? Maybe you could pull together a black pudding and tattie scone donner recipe, Immo? Before your last heartbeat jemmies its way through the cholesterol......
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Greek olive oil innit Rolling Eyes

Doofus Laughing Tongue
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:29 am

Immo wrote:Greek olive oil innit Rolling Eyes

Doofus Laughing Tongue

I'm willing to bet your "caviar" is actually the fake stuff (lumpfish roe) and possibly from Germany but certainly not Russia.

So who's the patron saint of Germany, smartass?

You're my bitch now
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:52 am

Course it aint the proper stuff.

Not if you're buyin it in Lidl. No No

As any fule kno... the patron saint of Germany is St Hugo Zerr of the perpetual vigilance.

Ha! Twisted Evil

Mental
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:32 am

I hadn't realised St Hugo was quite so portly.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down