The Specials tonight - really great live show

5 posters

Go down

The Specials tonight - really great live show Empty The Specials tonight - really great live show

Post by supermo Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:21 am

Two dozen numbers, including all the hits, well executed, great atmosphere, good gig. If anyone can catch this tour they'll love it. The Academy is fast becoming the closest thing to the old Glasgow Apollo for me. On a good night it's great.

Here are some photos for Crown....I know he needs proof that I was there (presumably for his stalking diary).

The Specials tonight - really great live show IMG00068

The Specials tonight - really great live show IMG00074

The Specials tonight - really great live show Photo

The Specials tonight - really great live show Photo2
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

The Specials tonight - really great live show Empty Re: The Specials tonight - really great live show

Post by Immo Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:39 am

Were there a load of fifty-something, beer-bellied, Baldy , chasers of their salad days there then or what?

I'd hate to think I missed out Very Happy
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

The Specials tonight - really great live show Empty Re: The Specials tonight - really great live show

Post by Immo Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:54 am

PS

I see you opted for the seated area above the hoi-polloi Rolling Eyes

PPS

Blouse

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Tongue

Laughing
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:58 pm

I've never been to the Academy Mo, though it has to be better than the SECC which is the worst venue in the universe
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Immo

We ended up upstairs because the guy with the tickets was late, so the bottom was bedlam and we sneaked in upstairs where everybody stood anyway. PS Some of us don't have Immogreen style beer bellies, but you'd have felt at home as there was some fukkin sights in the place! Very Happy

James, the SECC is truly rotten. Best shows I've seen there over the last couple of years were Arcade Fire and Kings of Leon, but that was more in spite of the venue than because of it. Horrible fukkin place.

The Academy is growing on me. Manu Chao was excellent there and The Specials last night was A1. Joe Bonammassa, on the other hand, was a fukkin bore.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:32 pm

supermo wrote:Two dozen numbers, including all the hits, well executed, great atmosphere, good gig. If anyone can catch this tour they'll love it. The Academy is fast becoming the closest thing to the old Glasgow Apollo for me. On a good night it's great.

Here are some photos for Crown....I know he needs proof that I was there (presumably for his stalking diary).

The Specials tonight - really great live show IMG00068

The Specials tonight - really great live show IMG00074

The Specials tonight - really great live show Photo

The Specials tonight - really great live show Photo2

Jesus, the i('m a gay)phone camera produces more noise than the band. Very Happy The lengths I go to set these gags up, and none of you cunts appreciate them. Evil or Very Mad

Did you not take any video footage mo, oh no, the gay thing doesn't do video does it. Very Happy

Cheers for the review mo, good stuff, you're my fucking hero. Kiss

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:40 pm

In fact the two better pics were taken with the iPhone - the crappy ones were a Blackberry Razz
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by onomatopoeia Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:37 am

I think they are pretty good pics for mobile phone, I have a nokia and the photos are terrible!

onomatopoeia

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:56 am

Whoosh for the mardy one. Very Happy Kiss

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:27 am

onomatopoeia wrote:I think they are pretty good pics for mobile phone, I have a nokia and the photos are terrible!

Very sensible post from an impartial phone user. If only others spurned their irrational obsession with dissing superior Apple products, Ono.

Don't give in to the evil ones cheers
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by onomatopoeia Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:36 am

Exactly mo. This is an example of my poor quality camera phone. Talk about noise!

The Specials tonight - really great live show Sgo30w

It's not that old either. I'm due for an upgrade in June and I don't know what phone I'd go for over it. Why is there no nerd smiley? sunny

onomatopoeia

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:54 am

Crown doesn't let us create smileys, Ono. Obviously frightened we might dish out some retaliation, cowardly bastard.

There's a lot of good camera phones out there, as well as the technically superior iPhone obviously Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by onomatopoeia Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:57 am

I had a sony erikson which had an amazing camera. Might get one of the them again. Probably won't get an iPhone as I like my technology simple. Might get a new camera instead and keep my phone! Wave

onomatopoeia

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:59 am

IPhone is like an iPod with a phone, Ono, quite simple really.

Have heard the Sony Ericssons include good cameras. What are they like to use though?

Last edited by supermo on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by onomatopoeia Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:05 am

I don't have an iPod Embarassed or any mp3! I still have a tape deck in my car. DJ

I had no complaints about my sony E back in the day, I had the k750i which was very popular and reliable. Then I had a nokia n series which was awful, so I went back to the sony! It lasted about 3 years! Nurse

onomatopoeia

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:07 am

I was a Nokia loyalist until I bought an E50 that was awful. Had an N95 before the iPhone and it was OK but not a great operating system. Have heard the latest ones are better. Don't know so much about Sony phones - had an Ericsson once, way back, but that was before camera phones.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by onomatopoeia Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am

Loyalist- haha! I have the 6500, pretty nice to look at and easy to use. Smile

onomatopoeia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down