Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight

+2
mita
supermo
6 posters

Go down

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Empty Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight

Post by supermo Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:06 pm

The long-awaited Julien Temple docu-movie about the mighty and legendary Dr Feelgood - Oil City Confidential - hit the screens tonight in a special link-up round the UK.

Seven thousand of us in 10 cinemas joined by satellite to the Koko in London. Temple introduced the movie, which was a truly magnificent piece of 1970s rock and roll, hilarious at time, punctuated by Wilko Johnson's manic stage presence and Lee Brilleaux just being, well Brilleau-iant Very Happy

After the movie, we linked back to London for a live gig from a now 60-plus Wilko, accompanied onstage by a slimline alison Moyet playing the Brilleaux role, and even a shabby-but-dapper Charles Shaar Murray on harmonica. Immogreen would have had an orgasm here, if Toots had let him.

Here are some pics snapped from the feed of the gig. It really was a great night out, highly recommend the movie even to a non-Feelgoods fan. Brilliantly stitched together archive with modern-day chat from the surviving band members. Wilko is just magnificent. A lot of humour, some excellent production and great editing.

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Photo-1
Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Photo1

Moyet belting out Going Back Home:

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Photo2-1

Wilko close-up. the bit in the movie where he talks about his late wife would bring a tear to a glass eye...

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Photo3

So, anything else happen tonight? Run Away
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Empty Re: Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight

Post by mita Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:36 pm

Sounds great, mo. I'm going to see the movie in Embra on Saturday with my daughter.

She's the family music expert and most regular gig attender, but this will be a chance for her to add to her musical education! Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 36790
mita
mita

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Empty Re: Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight

Post by supermo Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:23 am

Hope you enjoy Mita, would be interested to hear what you think of it.

Best damn review on this site for a few weeks, ignored by everyone but Mita, doesn't surprise me really. C**TS
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladstone Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:38 am

Looks good Supermo: I'll have to make the effort! Very Happy
Gladstone
Gladstone

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:40 am

Well done Baldy. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 395625 Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_cheers

You'll be back on the subs' desk at the Wee County News before you can say knife.

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_lol
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:29 am

supermo wrote:Best damn review on this site for a few weeks, ignored by everyone but Mita, doesn't surprise me really. C**TS

I only read one sentence posts, who's that fella Immo?

PS I notice a stray smiley in the OP's post
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by mita Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:33 pm

supermo wrote:Hope you enjoy Mita, would be interested to hear what you think of it.

Best damn review on this site for a few weeks, ignored by everyone but Mita, doesn't surprise me really. C**TS

Loved it ....... and so did Miss mita! Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_queen She's planning to raid my music collection to add some Feelgood tracks to her iPod. She's also been asked to DJ somewhere in Embra soon and the opening of Back In The Night is likely to feature at some point! Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_cheers

The biggest surprise for me was that Wilko such a driving force for the band and also a very intelligent guy. Always gave the impression on stage of just being a psychotic loonball, but then I was only 18 when I saw them at the Apollo and just blown away by how great they were as a live band.

Lee Brilleaux's mum was the star of the movie for me. Some great innocent one liners! Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_lol

Would love to see the 3 surviving members go on tour with somebody like Alison Moyet.
mita
mita

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:31 am

I think it's going to be a rock-doc classic Mita. Wilko's role in the movie was a big surprise, I always had the impression he didn't talk much about the Feelgoods - bloody hell that was wrong!

He still plays a lot of gigs but rarely outside the south east. Would love to see a promoter bring him to the ABC or somewhere soon - maybe the movie will rekindle more interest in him and the Feelgoods.

Glad your girl enjoyed it too. My eldest has a few of their tracks on her iPod too.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:56 am

supermo wrote:The long-awaited Julien Temple docu-movie about the mighty and legendary Dr Feelgood - Oil City Confidential - hit the screens tonight in a special link-up round the UK.

Seven thousand of us in 10 cinemas joined by satellite to the Koko in London. Temple introduced the movie, which was a truly magnificent piece of 1970s rock and roll, hilarious at time, punctuated by Wilko Johnson's manic stage presence and Lee Brilleaux just being, well Brilleau-iant Very Happy

After the movie, we linked back to London for a live gig from a now 60-plus Wilko, accompanied onstage by a slimline alison Moyet playing the Brilleaux role, and even a shabby-but-dapper Charles Shaar Murray on harmonica. Immogreen would have had an orgasm here, if Toots had let him.

Here are some pics snapped from the feed of the gig. It really was a great night out, highly recommend the movie even to a non-Feelgoods fan. Brilliantly stitched together archive with modern-day chat from the surviving band members. Wilko is just magnificent. A lot of humour, some excellent production and great editing.

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Photo-1
Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Photo1

Moyet belting out Going Back Home:

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Photo2-1

Wilko close-up. the bit in the movie where he talks about his late wife would bring a tear to a glass eye...

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Photo3

So, anything else happen tonight? Run Away

7/10. The last two points were because it was nice to see you so enthusiastic about something Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_cheers , instead of being your usual, miserable self. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 642385

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:58 am

Immo wrote:Well done Baldy. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 395625 Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_cheers

You'll be back on the subs' desk at the Wee County News before you can say knife.

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin

Get in to the short arse cunt immo. I love it when you abuse the bad tempered, senile, old twat. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 900120 Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:10 am

crownliquor wrote:
Immo wrote:Well done Baldy. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 395625 Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_cheers

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin

Get in to the short arse cunt immo. I love it when you abuse the bad tempered, senile, old twat. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 900120 Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin

Call that abuse? Yawn.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:29 am

He could have you. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:08 am

But he won't, cos deep down Immo just wants to be loved and he'll always draw back from the precipice as a result.

Human frailty. Nothing to be ashamed of.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:14 pm

How very prescient of you Dr Laing Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:49 am

Immo wrote:How very prescient of you Dr Laing Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin

That's your time up till next week, Mr Immo.

Just leave your fee with Nursey on your way out.

And stop drooling ffs.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by mita Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:54 am

So inspired by the Feelgood movie that I just bought this! Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_cheers Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 36790

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 51mAKZG8CcL._SL500_AA240_
mita
mita

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:31 am

Who gives a fuck?

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 278454

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:48 am

How articulate, Crown. What a dick you are at times.

Now get off this thread, where real men discuss real music.

Well, real men and Miss Mita, obviously.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:38 am

It's all dicks, real men and fat bottoms with you innit Mo Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_scratch Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 462145

Ole R.D.L. woulda had a field day with you I betcha Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_lol

At least three learned tomes in it I reckon. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 722820
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:41 am

maybe Immo, but don't forget RLD was fukkin certifiable himself ffs.

I thought you'd be into the Feelgoods doc and all it represents, mate. Disappointed at your dismissive responses really.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 am

Mibbes it represents summat different to me. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 551743

It's 2nd top of my 'to see' list as it goes.

(Top of the list (cos I know you're dying to know Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_rolleyes ) is Mike Leigh's 'Happy-Go-Lucky' - only because the sainted Janie-Ann gave me it months ago and I still haven't got round to it yet. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_redface )

That's R.D.L... ...BTW Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_rolleyes Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_rolleyes

Dismissive enuff for ya? Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_lol
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 am

supermo wrote:How articulate, Crown. What a dick you are at times.

Now get off this thread, where real men discuss real music.

Well, real men and Miss Mita, obviously.

Get off your high horse young man, it was a reference to when mita's multi used to post "who gives a fuck" after every post by brother bewls.

Sometimes I wonder if you even "get" mine and immo's board. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_scratch Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:55 am

I got it straight away/instanter Crownybhoy Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_rolleyes

I think those bitingly cold easterly winds have finally fused the senile old fucker's synapses.

Mibbes we should have a whip-round and buy him a hat. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 462145

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Twat_hat-p148593085340091445trp1_210

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 241544
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight Icon_biggrin

Mo's had so many "twat hat time" moments recently immo, think he probably is going senile.

He's "disappointed at your dismissive responses" you know? Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 642385 Bad tempered old scrote. Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 558666

Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 1415 Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 1415 Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 1415 Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 1415 Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 1415 Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 1415 Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 1415 Feelgood movie: Great stuff tonight 1415

Fucking hell, made a shit job of removing the hat background, will perhaps sort it when I have more time.

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:00 pm

What a couple of fannies.

And I don't mean that in a good way.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down