Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now

5 posters

Go down

Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Empty Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now

Post by crownliquor Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:50 am

Certainly improves the speed, but no great innovation. Gingerbread should be where it's at. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_twisted

Spermo is a wanker. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_twisted

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Empty Re: Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now

Post by Gladstone Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:58 am

Is this about Harry Potter? Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_question Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_porc
Gladstone
Gladstone

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Empty Re: Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now

Post by crownliquor Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:55 pm

Aghhhhhhhhhhh! Froyo has broken Listen, need to find a new podcasting app. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_sad

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:21 am

would that be the htc desire???????? Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_scratch

niall o,dhubghaill

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:24 pm

It is sev.

The good news is that HTC have finally fixed the news widget so it updates automatically. I situate the widget one swipe to the right of my home screen, for those interested. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_biggrin

Having used Froyo for a couple of days, must say it seems a fair bit faster then 2.1.

Had to try out the new mobile wifi feature yesterday and it worked, quite impressed.

Summary of new features:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=741491

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:37 pm

An inferior product to the iPhone, as the Gadget Show demonstrated clearly last night.
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:07 pm

You can tell the schools are out. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:33 am

not all of us can justify i-phones, how many times have i begged yees for yer old ones? (wheres the big issue seller app, i mean smiley? ) only option for me is the wildfire i think.

niall o,dhubghaill

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:11 pm

The Wildfire accomplishes virtually everything the Desire achieves but with a smaller screen and slower processor.

What you gonna do with your new phone sev?
Surfing the net
Watch videos
Sat nav
E mail
Music player
Shazam (you will need this app to cheat in the guess the intro round of the the quiz, like mo does...............................so immo says. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_biggrin )

If you're only gonna text and make phone calls, a feature phone will suffice.

Mo only uses the gayphone because he's not clever enough to work an Android phone. There's too much choice, and his god Jobs says choice is bad. All the fanbois/sheep go baaaaaaaaa. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_biggrin

Tom Merrit called iOS4 a Fischer Price system in a podcast I listened to yesterday, the bastard's stealing my lines. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now 900120

Wildfire on XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=678

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:45 pm

zzzzzzzzz.........let me know when he changes the record, Sev.

I only come here for the downloads these days.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now 379954

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:56 am

[quote="crownliquor"]The Wildfire accomplishes virtually everything the Desire achieves but with a smaller screen and slower processor.

Surfing the net
Watch videos
Sat nav
E mail
Music player
Shazam (you will need this app to cheat in the guess the intro round of the the quiz, like mo does...............................so immo says. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_biggrin )

yes, all that. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_biggrin

niall o,dhubghaill

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:55 pm

niall o,dhubghaill wrote:
crownliquor wrote:The Wildfire accomplishes virtually everything the Desire achieves but with a smaller screen and slower processor.

Surfing the net
Watch videos
Sat nav
E mail
Music player

yes, all that. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_biggrin

Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now 79469

If you intend using a phone in the above way, you want the biggest screen possible. The Wildfire will achieve all of the above but you can get a Desire on a £20 a month contract if you look around. If you're due an upgrade, request a PAC from your carrier and they'll ring you and ask you to stay, only deal with "retentions" though, they give deals not on the website. If you're with O2, you're fucked, they'll just let you go.
You can also ring T-Mobile up as a prospective customer and they'll sometimes offer you a good deal.

Don't buy a Samsung or Sony, they never support their phones for more than a week, so you can forget firmware updates. LG are just shit.

The gayphone is probably the best supported phone and you have to give Apple credit for this. Also, Jobs, mo's ( Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now 36857 ) hero, is the only person that refuses to let carriers put their bloatware in the firmware, when you buy a gayphone, you get the experience that Jobs intended. It's a shit experience, but fuck does Jobs deserves credit for this, carriers are wankers. Voda just released what Desire owners thought was the FroYo update but was in fact a load of bloatwre that you can't uninstall, including links to dating sites! They're obviously being paid to include these links in the same way PC manufactures install loads of crap on a new PC. Actually, Apple PCs probably don't allow this either, I don't know, I use a computer not a Fisher Price toy, but kudos to Jobs again if this is true.

Sorry for boring you all, I'm of cycling now.

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:52 pm

I'm with Tmobile and asked for my PAC number last year, I lasted a day then cracked and renewed for a Nokia 5800. Pity the bluetooths fucked, I'm thinking about a gayphone or something similar but to be honest I just want a phone to phone cunts, text and listen to music Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_biggrin
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:44 pm

Stand firm in the face of T-Mobile James, no surrender. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_biggrin You'll not get a deal on a gayphone with any carrier, they don't budge.

If you're not technical minded (alright, a nerd Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_biggrin ) and you can justify the cost, the gayphone is the best phone to buy, especially with iOS4. It's the most intuitive and best UI on the market and does what it does brilliantly, unfortunately it's not powerful enough and relies on the dog that is iTunes to import content, side loading's where it's at. Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_twisted It also has no content on the home screen, and the message alert system is a joke. All that said, you'll not regret buying a gayphone, it is a fantastic piece of technology.

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:15 pm

JimmyMcGrory wrote:I'm thinking about a gayphone

Et tu, Jimmy? Tsk.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:23 am

Sorry Mo, crown's influence is starting to alarm me Froyo for sim free Desires is out on an OTA update now Icon_eek

Anyway, what I was after was something to meet my needs for £20 a month on a max of 18 months. I was actually thinking about going to Tesco's as they give you a new phone every year
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down