Gladstone
mita
JimmyMcGrory
crownliquor
Immo
16 posters

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 31 Empty Re: Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:27 am

Didn't like that GOTYE track Immo though my wee fella probably will but he's knows shit about music Very Happy

Head On now that's a track, I've probably posted this before, I fucking hope I have cause its the cats whiskers. I give you Frank Black ...... Lolita. Tis magic

JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 31 Empty Re: Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series

Post by Immo Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:43 pm

cheers

God bless St Francis. Very Happy

On a side note...

I really hate the way the word 'awesome' has been co-opted by MTV-addicted superlative-junkies with barely a shred of brain-cell between em. Evil or Very Mad

It's a perfectly serviceable word when used in the right place. No No Twisted Evil

The fact that I'm toiling to come up with a more fitting epithet for this clip is neither h nor t likes... Rolling Eyes Smile

Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:51 pm

There's a particular kind of beauty and attitude that somehow transcends the mad parade of supine, bland and desperately tacky climbers of the greasy pole that we're asked to consider as 'stunning' (another superlative-junkie's favourite).

Rita Tushingham had it... In Love

Edie's definitely got it. In Love In Love

Odd... angular... kinda lit from within... but irresistible. Broken Heart

Having said that...

...them Yardbirds were a buncha plug-ugly, bollock-faced fuckers weren't they? affraid pale No

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Lovely Rita.... In Love In Love In Love

Broken Heart

No

She's bloody marvellous!!! Champion cheers
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:08 pm

The 90s album round at the quiz last night went very well. Champion

Right up to the point where I read out the last album title... "Dig Your Own Hole" Neutral

Why I felt the need, after reading out said album title, to add the statement..."..and it's not Whitney Houston..."

affraid pale Embarassed

...will remain a mystery to me till my last breath. Sad

Awful No

Still...

...here we go!! Rock Out

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Faaakinelll!!! Shocked

It's quarter to three... Smile

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:50 pm

I've not given last nights posts the proper consideration Immo but I will. Just came on to post this cheers

JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Thank fuck for that, I'm struggling to post the bloody link Shocked
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:02 pm

and this

JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Two wee gems Jimmy - Spinto band especially. cheers

In fact - I'll most likely be passin both of em off as my own 'finds' on F*ce*ook later in the week. Suspect Embarassed

Can't give em higher praise'n that. Cool Very Happy

Thought I had scunnered meself with the 'mash-up' after Monshewer Rockin Rik fi Baillieston gave me a load of Too Many DJs stuff a coupla years ago and I gorged shamelessly.

Then... I heard this sublime wee piece of studio wizardry. Shocked

Two fantastic songs welded together to create a third and quite singularly beautiful piece of art.

Hauntingly good. Champion

PS

Haven't quite worked up the courage to post anything on 'the other place' yet No

However, Toots brought home a litre of liquid courage (Rooshian) last night so.... watch this that space. Very Happy
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:25 am

Y'know... after ole Shug's bombshell in The Mail today affraid Twisted Evil ,

I dunno that the financial side of things is the major issue for the buns anymore. No No

Still... try as I might, I couldn't quite put me hand on a track titled "Cheatin Masonic Bastards" Suspect No

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:45 am

I see JK (no... not that one) and Charlie B have been whorin themselves round the ususal meeja outlets. Smile

I once sold Charlie Burchill a Wolfetones cassette on the 2nd floor of the Virgin Megastore in Union St.

I preferred JK when he was in his puddin-bowl haircut and red Chelsea boots phase.

None of the previous statements/observations are related.

You have not been charged for this transaction.

Very Happy

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:54 am

Is he really singin "Ooooh - ah'm cunted" several times on the backing vocal of this? scratch

Genuine question...

First time caller...

Long time whistler...

Blerble. drunken Very Happy

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladstone Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:56 am

Immo wrote:I see JK (no... not that one) and Charlie B have been whorin themselves round the ususal meeja outlets. Smile

I once sold Charlie Burchill a Wolfetones cassette on the 2nd floor of the Virgin Megastore in Union St.

I preferred JK when he was in his puddin-bowl haircut and red Chelsea boots phase.

None of the previous statements/observations are related.

You have not been charged for this transaction.

Very Happy

Big fan of Jim Kerr at that time, and only today I was on Spotify listening to that 2nd CD of cover songs off of Graffiti Soul (I think).
Gladstone
Gladstone

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladstone Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:00 am

Generally, I don't like Yank music but for J. Cash, Devo and The Residents, plus Todd Rundgren.

And as well on Spotify I was listening to recent(ish) album Johnson, a blues cover set: here's a live track he covered.

A fantastic instrumentalist Todd Rundgren, the 'Faithful' LP is one of my all time faves. Plus 'A Wizard, A True Star'.

Gladstone
Gladstone

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladstone Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:04 am

A wee bit off 'A Wizard, A True Star'......................................genius! cheers

Gladstone
Gladstone

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Top clippage Gee. cheers

AWATS sounded brilliant... but a bit 'weird' for me first time I heard it - and even now I kinda prefer his more mainstream/ schmaltzy/obvious stuff. Embarassed

Something/Anything? would prolly be my pick. Smile

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Whikksky??? drunken

For Brecht-fast??? pale Evil or Very Mad

I should cocoa. Smile

Vodka is the rise-and-shine choice of the dedicated toper - always has been...

...pass the tomato juice. Cheers

Now think on. Twisted Evil

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:06 am

In honour of the long-standing Stennymad tradish of Sunday night music-posting...

... non rock-pop-mainstream, some orchestral (not too much harroonga-changa on the banjos mind No No ), some music hall, some spoken word, ....

... a miscellaneous ( drunken ) collection.

Just like this board. Smile

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:38 am

The TRUE star of Brown Sugar!! Champion Twisted Evil

There's a wee 'crack' in his tone at 3.15 that, in conjunction with the melody, actually sounds like the feeling of resignation that strikes you after an emotionally 'bruising' experience. Shocked

That's if a feeling actually sounds like anything I s'pose. Ponder2

Or Vi Subversa... I 'spect. scratch drunken

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:10 am

No justification necessary for posting this... possibly the most efficacious 'cheer-up' clip in the history of western cultural endeavour.

flower

geek

study

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:34 am

Gotta have a hymn... on the lord's day. Rules

Summat inspiring to encourage us to slink back to our work-cells confident that they're merely the means to a less tawdry and workaday end. Smile

Governor - And what's your name?

Prisoner - Smith

Guard - SAY 'SIR' WHEN YOU ANSWER THE GOVERNOR!!!

Prisoner - Sir Smith.

Very Happy

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:02 am

This would always be a truly Broken Heart piece of music regardless of where it was used.

The fact that it turned up on the OST of one of the most affecting British films ever made is a bonus.

The fact that at certain points (the wee coda just shy of the 3-minute mark) the flute sounds like a vulnerable, guttering/glittering candle flame being buffeted by a cold and uncaring (socio-economic?) wind... is prolly just me. Very Happy

"Fookin fat twat wants milkin!!" Laughing
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:33 am

Fascists on the attack, we're gonna fight them back.

supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:37 am

And a little mo' LKJ

supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next