James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction

4 posters

Go down

James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Empty James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction

Post by supermo Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:20 am

was in town tonight, delivering one-liners and good-to-go bon mots for fun, the man's a class act. He speaks like he writes, fast, direct, colourful, expressive. He makes a fortune from Random House and movie option deals and he makes no secret of it.

James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Ellroy1051109-1

His mood turned ugly though when I asked him to smile for everyone at Stennymad. Instead he gave a patented Ellroy scowl.

James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Ellroy2051109-1

"Stennymad! That lousy bunch of shit wasters and comic acts from way way off Broadway? Your wasting your talent on those ingrates, my friend," retorted the great novelist.

"Especially Immo Crown Sev well all of the cunts, really. Excepting Ono, but she's a dame."

He was probably right too, dammit. She could be a dame.

Laughing
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Empty Re: James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction

Post by Immo Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:50 am

James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_lol James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_lol

You jammy bastard. Why, if I didn't live in a parochial shit-hole like Falkirk.... and have a heavy cold... I'd prolly be out hob-nobbing with hard-boiled genii too. James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_biggrin

I hear Paddy Power have stopped taking punts on that second pic bein your avatar anytime over the next week or so. James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_cool James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_biggrin
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Empty Re: James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction

Post by supermo Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:16 am

Very Happy Very Happy

Not meaning to rub it in but he was excellent. I wish I'd written down some of his one-liners, great stuff. Have skimmed through the first few chapters of the latest nov and it's crackling along.

I was in knots when he put on the scowl. I said do you mind if I take a quick snap and he said "Sure" [snap to SCOWL]. He said you trying to steal my soul and I said naw mate, just taking it hostage.

He looks more like Victor Meldrew but what the hell Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:31 am

11/10 on James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_lol James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_lol
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:57 am

I'd change it now but I like the one I've got.

It's a pity they all change. Would much prefer it if the old avatars stayed with the old posts, if you see what I mean.

Suppose if we had a competent admin that would work? Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:04 am

James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction 33e536uJames Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction 33e536u

James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_lol James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_lol James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_lol James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_lol
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:05 am

Fantastic stuff mo, and loved the pic. James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_cheers So much I made a smiley:

James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction 558666

Come on though, it's you isn't it. James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_biggrin

Know without pictures it didn't happen but.........

Went to an evening with Ken Bruce the other night. Ken was very engaging, but the compare asked shit questions, and as for the Q&A, for fuck's sake, retards.

He talked a bit about his autistic son, and the woman in front kept oohing and aahing, I wanted to kill her.

Intended to get a book signed to stenny, but I'm a misanthropist and hate being around scum, and far too impatient to wait my turn to get a picture, so you'll just have to take my word.

Would have waited all day for a pic with you though sweetheart. James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction 722820 James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:07 am

Forgot, never heard of your author, bet he writes some horrendous macho crap. James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction 642385

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:05 am

Like the smiley Very Happy

HOWEVER, you chaps who live in the sticks are guilty of double standards. I read a lot of shite about Eddie & the Hot Rods gigs and Ken Bruce events (Ken Bruce ffs!). But hey, "no pictures, no happen".

Fed up being the only provider of original content on this forum Swearing

Last edited by supermo on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:07 am

And apart from displaying your ignorance of one of America's great living authors, Licquor, please remember the person who chairs an event and leads a Q&A is known as an MC or "compere".

study
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:59 am

Who's "Licquor"? James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_study James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:14 am

crownliquor wrote:Who's "Licquor"? James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_study James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_biggrin

Some cunt. Fact. End of.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:39 pm

Fuck he looks like Victor Meldrew's American cousin, Ellroy not you Mo James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_biggrin
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:45 pm

JimmyMcGrory wrote:Fuck he looks like Victor Meldrew's American cousin, Ellroy not you Mo James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_biggrin

Ahem...

supermo wrote:Very Happy Very Happy

He looks more like Victor Meldrew but what the hell Very Happy

Doh
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Well you know me, reading bits of threads half pished will be my downfall James Ellroy, the Demon Dog of American crime fiction Icon_biggrin
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down