Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish?

4 posters

Go down

Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish? Empty Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish?

Post by supermo Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:11 pm

Busy week last week, was in New York for a lot of meetings, dashing up and down Midtown and Downtown by Metro. Stayed in the bizarre, eccentric you-have-to-stay-there-once Hotel Chelsea on W 23rd St. Didn't seen Nancy Spungen's ghost, but it wouldn't have surprised me if I had.

Anyway, here's a couple of gratuitous pictures of the hotel...

Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish? ChelseaHotel1

Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish? ChelseaHotel2

Here's the Flatiron Building at dusk on an overcast day. To Crown this may look like a cock so he may get excited.

Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish? Flatiron1

And here's Trump Tower on Fifth.

Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish? Trump

I hadn't been in NYC for a while, so some observations include:
1. Despite the "ban" everyone in New York continues to smoke
2. Food and taxis / trains are much cheaper than London
3. "Ground Zero" is chocked with sick fucks selling "memorabilia" and tourist taking pictures
4. Las Latinas are the folk with style.

Back to Scotchland at the weekend, and a trip to the Book Festival to hear ace New Yorker and all-round good guy Tony Bourdain read extracts from his new book. Afterwards he was given an audience with Supermo to go over his grammar and pick up some tips for the sequel...you can just see my right knuckle as I emphasise a point to the suitably chastened, er, best-selling author and TV personality.

Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish? Bourdain1-1

This post is dedicated to the memory of the one poster who might have appreciated it, Mr I Green.
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish? Empty Re: Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish?

Post by JimmyMcGrory Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:17 pm

Never been to America Mo, though it forms my dream holiday. NY, San Francisco and Las Vegas bounce

Now lets have a look through your post. Hotel Chelsea?Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish? Sc_pe-a_Sherlock

As for Tony Bourdain he looks as excited to meet you as crown would, second thoughts scrub that. Tony doesn't look as if he's come in his cycling shorts Laughing Laughing

Overall though a most interesting report, 9/10
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish? Empty Re: Are we still doing photo reports amidst the usual pish?

Post by supermo Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Very Happy Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:16 pm

Here's some music, Jimmy: