Captain immo and/or glad

5 posters

Go down

Captain immo and/or glad Empty Captain immo and/or glad

Post by crownliquor Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:31 am

Friend of mine may be in Falkirk soon, any pub you could recommend for an afternoon sharpner please?

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Captain immo and/or glad Empty Re: Captain immo and/or glad

Post by supermo Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:56 am

Night out looming in the big toon, Licker? Very Happy

My union branch used to meet in the Wheatsheaf, which used to be OK, assuming it's still standing and hasn't been turned into some fukkin theme pub.
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:45 am

Wheatsheaf is the oldest pub in Falkirk (allegedly) and is still there.

If you like beers with names like 'Old Scrotum' or 'The Bawhair's Drap' and an atmos on a par with a funeral parlour just after the proprietor hears that his cat has been killed in an incident involving a combine harvester... yer in. Captain immo and/or glad 73519

Nice wee beer garden out the back mind. Captain immo and/or glad 764307

The Orchard Hotel used to be the local knocking shop and, consequently, had a v poor reputation. It's now cleaned up its act slightly and has an open-air bit out front where you can watch the cars go by and marvel at the crimes against evolution which still roam freely on the streets of, "..this jewel in the crown of the central belt" (Falkirk & District Tourist Guidebook - 1929) Captain immo and/or glad Icon_biggrin

BTW is great for a range of beers and a decor full of those funky Tex-Mex/Mexicali/Spanisher touches that young people seem to set a great deal of store by nowadays. Captain immo and/or glad Icon_rolleyes However it's expensive and it is a veritable palace of posing ponces. (You'll fit right in in other words Captain immo and/or glad Icon_biggrin ). Good (sized) beer garden and handy for Grahamston Station tho. You could even pop along the line a bit and visit Gladders in the Station Bar, Larbert. Second stop off the Glasgow/Stirling platform.

If your friends are approaching from Falkirk High... they should go into the Woodside Inn which is at the bottom of the hill coming down from the High Station. Decent beer... not too poncey/pricey... no music.. but they have an unerring ability to find live sport on the telly at any hour of the day or night. Even cycling. Captain immo and/or glad Icon_eek

Captain immo and/or glad Icon_smile
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:59 am

Based on that guide, I think you might be better heading for Glasgow, Licker Very Happy

PS Immo I haven't actually been in the Wheatsheaf since about 1986 when I moved back to Glasgow branch (who meet in Sloan's). Although tbh most of us only get along to the odd AGM to stop the Trots whenever they attempt a coup.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:16 am

Mon the Trots!! Captain immo and/or glad Icon_lol

The Wheaty's a cracking 'proper' pub but it's a bit quiet now.

I flounced out of there once after being told (by the owner/landlord's wife) that I wasn't drinking fast enough. Captain immo and/or glad Icon_eek Captain immo and/or glad Icon_eek

I mean... honestly Captain immo and/or glad Icon_rolleyes

I'd never been so insulted.

(It was quite a while ago Captain immo and/or glad Icon_biggrin )

PS

Me and the pater got chucked out of the pub next door to the Wheatsheaf after the Hoops' centenary cup-final victory. Captain immo and/or glad Icon_evil

The landlord who did the hucklin was none other than stylish, Celtic left-half, (65-71) Davie Cattenach!!!! Captain immo and/or glad Icon_eek Captain immo and/or glad Affraid

PPS

I think he and Jim Brogan used to run Chequers night club in Hallglen just previous to this.

PPPS

Not that has anything to add to my initial anecdote. Just a bitta colour man. Captain immo and/or glad Icon_cool Captain immo and/or glad Icon_lol

www.yokeldirectory.com

Captain immo and/or glad Icon_biggrin
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:02 pm

Thank you gents. My friend just wants a pleasant place for a pint, and maybe a bite to eat, after visiting the wheel.

Jesus and Mary Chain doc for your delectation:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t3d1v

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladstone Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:52 pm

Right beside the Wheel is the WheelHouse, which is a new building part owned by 'Dr Goals'. It has a fine outlook to the south, a beer garden type area and a slightly overpriced for what you get menu. But I quite like it! Captain immo and/or glad Icon_biggrin

Today, though, I'm drinking Zarco lager in Funchal. Captain immo and/or glad Icon_clown
Gladstone
Gladstone

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:46 am

Plissken lives near the Wheel, Licker. Claims to have a great view of it.

I'm sure he's just the sorta guy to welcome you out on his decking to split a few beers and canapes.

Not sure if those flats near the Wheel have decks though Shocked

Captain immo and/or glad Falkirkluxurycondos
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by mita Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:03 am

Immo wrote:Wheatsheaf is the oldest pub in Falkirk (allegedly) and is still there.

If you like beers with names like 'Old Scrotum' or 'The Bawhair's Drap' and an atmos on a par with a funeral parlour just after the proprietor hears that his cat has been killed in an incident involving a combine harvester... yer in. Captain immo and/or glad 73519

Nice wee beer garden out the back mind. Captain immo and/or glad 764307

I laughed out loud at that! Immo, I don't even want to think too much about how you're wired ............... or what you're on Captain immo and/or glad Icon_biggrin ......... when you come up with this stuff! Captain immo and/or glad Icon_cheers

Fucking genius! You ever thought of writing a play? Captain immo and/or glad Icon_clown
mita
mita

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:22 am

mita wrote:
I laughed out loud at that! Immo, I don't even want to think too much about how you're wired ............... or what you're on Captain immo and/or glad Icon_biggrin ......... when you come up with this stuff! Captain immo and/or glad Icon_cheers

Fucking genius! You ever thought of writing a good play that people might watch? Captain immo and/or glad Icon_clown

Fixed that for you, Mits cheers

Don't let praise go to his head CSC Mutley
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:13 am

You cheeky Captain immo and/or glad 640524 cunt! Captain immo and/or glad 239144 Captain immo and/or glad Icon_evil

I'll have you know that Noreen Kershaw (a stage director who used to play Jimmy Corkhill's wife in Brookie and currently works out of the Unity Theatre, Liverpool) lurrrrvvvees L.E. Captain immo and/or glad Icon_twisted

NK is very tight with Ian Hart's agent.

(I'm assuming that most on here will know that I.H. has already 'done' Lennon before in 'Backbeat' and some poncey art-house B/W job about a holiday in Spain with Brian Epstein.)

Oor Noreen is also a long-time friend of Andrew Scofield (who played 'Scully' in the series of the same name in the 80's)

She reckons he'd be perfect for the Cooper character.

She's commissioned to direct 2 plays in the next few months. One for a theatre in Scarborough and one for a theatre in Bolton.

Downbeat Stevie reckons (from the meeting he had with her a coupla weeks back) that she is teetering on the side of L.E for one of the slots.

(Apparently she was v enthusiastic Captain immo and/or glad Icon_biggrin Captain immo and/or glad Icon_cheers )

Watch this space Captain immo and/or glad E14381

Last edited by Immo on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pissedness from me- pedantry from king of the sub-editors)
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:16 am

Thank you BTW Mits. Captain immo and/or glad Icon_biggrin

You're insanely over-generous obviously.

It wasn't that funny tho - just pyshe. Captain immo and/or glad 764307

This... on the other hand...

Captain immo and/or glad Icon_lol Captain immo and/or glad Icon_lol Captain immo and/or glad Icon_lol

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/video-technology-confirms-england-are-very-bad-at-football-201006282855/
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:01 am

Is "Ian Harte's agent" the guy that used to link the Leeds United left back of the same name with Celtic every single time his contract came up for renewal?

Didn't know he had much to do with dodgy stageplays Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:15 am

Lunch was taken in a pub near the river/canal??? in Croy if you're interested, can't remember the name but our waitress was orange. Glasgow and Newcastle are the home of spray tans. Captain immo and/or glad Icon_twisted

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by mita Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:40 am

crownliquor wrote:Lunch was taken in a pub near the river/canal??? in Croy if you're interested, can't remember the name but our waitress was orange. Glasgow and Newcastle are the home of spray tans. Captain immo and/or glad Icon_twisted

People from Croy used to get bussed in to the secondary school I went to. A very strange breed. Captain immo and/or glad Icon_scratch

Their bus was known to everybody else in the school as the Crojan Horse! Captain immo and/or glad Icon_biggrin
mita
mita

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:23 am

You went to school on the "short bus" ya cunt. Captain immo and/or glad Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down