pepe
onomatopoeia
supermo
crownliquor
Immo
12 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Empty Re: Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series

Post by Immo Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:12 pm

900th post on the thread...

New page....

If that aint my cue to beat it... I dunno what is Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_smile

(Don't write in- just a bitta fun Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_rolleyes Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_biggrin )

James...

Thank you Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 122450

Your status of most generously giving poster of the year is safe even this early in the 12-month period.

Ta for the company man - you'll never know what a difference you made Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 814102 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 36495
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Empty Re: Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series

Post by crownliquor Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:41 am

Immo wrote:900th post on the thread...

New page....

If that aint my cue to beat it... I dunno what is Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_smile

(Don't write in- just a bitta fun Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_rolleyes Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_biggrin )

James...

Your status of most generously giving poster of the year is safe even this early in the 12-month period.

Ta for the company man - you'll never know what a difference you made Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 814102 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 36495

Fuck me, get a room. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 722820 Travelodge ones are quite cheap. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_biggrin

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:10 am

crownliquor wrote:
Immo wrote:900th post on the thread...

New page....

James...

Fuck me, get a room. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 722820 Travelodge ones are quite cheap. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_biggrin

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/

Get going, you're just jealous cause Mo's dunted you Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_lol
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:11 am

"Dunted"?????????????????????? Is that doric James?

I'm still mo's favourite by the way, and can provide the e-mails to prove it. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_twisted Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 855973

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:18 am

crownliquor wrote:"Dunted"?????????????????????? Is that doric James?

I'm still mo's favourite by the way, and can provide the e-mails to prove it. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_twisted Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 855973

Dinnae ken mate, I don't speak doric Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_biggrin
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:06 am

That's more like... "duhhhna kehn" James innit? Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_scratch

On the subject of Doric - and at the risk of cluttering up the music thread with chat and recs...

A student gave me a copy of this wee independent Scottish movie.

Acting's a bit ropey in parts but I laffed it up at several points - gid stuff... mah loons Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_smile

http://www.stirtonproductions.com/onedayremovals/home/Home_odr.html
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:49 am

Anyhow...

On a Sunday night, as y'all know, the envelope gets remorselessly 'pushed' - musically speakin.

It's part of my brief, as the cultural attache to the Stenny Board, to post a load of mad shite that you swill-guzzlers at the trough of homogeneous meeja bullshit may never encounter in your normal, day-to-day consumption.

Is it possible to feel nostalgia for an era during which you weren't alive? Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 462145

Is it possibly just the glorious, soaring nature of the melodies that makes the heart quicken? Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 855973 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_scratch

Or possibly the rose-tinted/misplaced regret for an era where people seemed to be a bit more civilized towards each other and the world in general? Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_sad

Is there a real possibility that I'm slowly losing my last vestiges of sanity? Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_geek

I think this might be the first piece of music I ever remember hearing on the radio.

(Or wireless if you prefer Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_neutral )

Lie back and think of Dublin England Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_smile

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:06 am

'British Light Classics' is the tag attached to this stuff by shifty, snake-oiled, swivel-eyed murderers of individuality.

Or 'marketing executives' as you prolly know em. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_evil

It's very difficult to sell things to millions of individuals - each as unique as a thumbprint or a snowflake.

Much better to convince people to huddle together in wee 'market segments' clearly demarcated by terms like B.L.C.'s. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_evil

This is Eric Coates

I really dunno why I find this stuff achingly sad. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_scratch

I don't care that I dunno like Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 764307

Positively embrace it in fact Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_smile
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:09 am

E.C. was here (too) Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_smile

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:16 am

Chuffin 'eck Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_eek Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 855973 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 855973 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 855973

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:26 am

Love ole RVW Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 855973

Sneered at by 'proper' afficionados of classical music as being too parochial and simplistic Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_evil

Served in WWI (as a stretcher-bearer mostly) which suffused all of his subsequent work with an almost unbearably melancholy/moving quality (Only IMO mind Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_smile )

Plus - he couldn't half knock out a tune. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 814102 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_biggrin

(Older listeners may recognise the theme tune to A Family at War from about 5.40 on this one)

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:38 am

'Mad Rab' Schumann

Nutty as a sack of squirrel shite. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_geek

Self-harmer. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Kopfschuettel

Fucked up his own right hand - thereby halting his rise as the foremost pianner virtuoso of the time.

Tried to top himself on at least a couple of times.

Checked himself into the nut-house and died drooling

(and saying 'wibble' I shouldn't wonder Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_rolleyes )

This is from a series of "Forest Scenes" and is oddly, strangely beautiful.

(I played this obsessively for weeks after my old man died.)

Really, really strange - but still incredibly Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 855973 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 93226
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:48 am

Dunno anything about ole Enrique Granados Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_scratch

But I remember a sleeve note on an old Moura Lympany ell-pee I had which described this piece as having a feel similar to "...running one's fingers through a box of brightly coloured jewels"

Impressed the hell out of me at the time

And y'know Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 462145 ...even now it don't seem too shabby Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_smile

Sump-chew-uss gor-gee-ossity Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 814102

I can play the easy (slow) bits of this Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_smile
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Empty Boris Gardiner

Post by Gladstone Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:12 am

Elizabethan Reggae! I'm not so hiflootint as immo!

Gladstone
Gladstone

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Empty R. Crumb & his Cheap Suit Serenaders

Post by Gladstone Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:15 am

I've posted a different version of this before. My Girl's Pussy.

Gladstone
Gladstone

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:18 am

Gladstone wrote:Elizabethan Reggae! I'm not so hiflootint as immo!

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_biggrin Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_biggrin

Well done Pike...wondered who'd be the first to spot that Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_lol
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 am

Gladstone wrote:I've posted a different version of this before. My Girl's Pussy.

Was it not the Geo Formby versh you posted before Gee?

Still a belter whatever - like this versh better tho Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_lol
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Empty Pingu

Post by Gladstone Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:21 am

From 1986 (I thought it was more recent........) Shocked

Gladstone
Gladstone

Back to top Go down

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Empty Whispering Grass

Post by Gladstone Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:21 am

clown

Gladstone
Gladstone

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:24 am

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_lol Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_lol Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_lol
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladstone Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:30 am

Immo wrote:
Gladstone wrote:I've posted a different version of this before. My Girl's Pussy.

Was it not the Geo Formby versh you posted before Gee?

Still a belter whatever - like this versh better tho Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_lol

It was the Harry Roy Orchestra version: I think the Bonzo's have also covered My Girl's Pussy, but can't find it. I can't find My Girl's Pussy Shocked
Gladstone
Gladstone

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:31 am

Gee - I'll see your 'Pingu' and raise ya a Crusoe Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_twisted

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladstone Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:33 am

I'll trump it with

Very Happy
Gladstone
Gladstone

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:46 am

You bastard!! Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 286271

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_lol

Take that!!! Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 239144

PS

Expect Sev to drop in any time soon - this stuff's like catnip to him Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_biggrin
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:52 am

So simple...

So heartbreakingly lovely Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 93226

A bit like Crownybhoy really Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 37 Icon_lol

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next