Roy shows his acumen in the transfer market

3 posters

Go down

Roy shows his acumen in the transfer market Empty Roy shows his acumen in the transfer market

Post by pepe Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:59 am

So 'Keano' agrees a fee with Sunderland of 5 million for Dean Whitehead and Daryll Murphy. The only trouble is they both turn it down probably because Town can't afford to pay them 25 grand a week and they don't fancy his SAS style training regime.

Good old Roy instead invests £50000 in 29 year old Colin Healey from Cork City instead.

Please, all you Sellick fandans, he used to play for you lot right? PLEASE PLEASE tell me he's brilliant and it was only injuries that stopped from being the next Ronaldo (or McGeady)
pepe
pepe

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Roy shows his acumen in the transfer market Empty Re: Roy shows his acumen in the transfer market

Post by supermo Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:41 pm

He was a very promising player, left too soon, joined Sunderland and broke his leg twice, in the same place too. Funnily enough he's from the same area of Cork as Keane, and was once likened to him though God knows why. He's only known for being the player who was flown out to Asia when Keane flounced home from the World Cup (See Roy Keane? See Snake Plissken? Very Happy)

Last time I saw him was 3 years or so ago, scored a nice goal for Livingston (on loan I think) against Dunfermline. But they lost, got relegated and he went off to Barnsley or somewhere like that.

Had the same agent as that other star-that-never-was, Liam Miller.
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Roy shows his acumen in the transfer market Empty Re: Roy shows his acumen in the transfer market

Post by pepe Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:16 am

Cheers for that mo. By all accounts he's a worthwhile buy. A decent holding midfielder.

The main thing which I'm really pissed of with now though is the sale Jordan Rhodes to Huddersfield for 700K. He's only 19 but he scores goals for fun. He's played twice for them so far and scored 3. He's a hell of a prospect.

Instead Keane is alleged to have bought Darryl Murphy from Sunderland for 1 and a half million.

I just don't see it.
pepe
pepe

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:24 am

If Ipswich wasn't such a shit hole I'd feel sorry for you about having that cunt Keane as manager, he'll saddle you with huge debts and fuck off.

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by pepe Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:56 pm

You're probably right Crownie (about Keane not Ipswich you arsehole. Go break a toe as Sleazy would say oops you already have)

Anyway it's nice to see King Billy Davies has invested boatloads in a shit hot forward line. Hence the result at the weekend Mutley
pepe
pepe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down