Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today

4 posters

Go down

Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today Empty Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today

Post by supermo Sun May 17, 2009 8:00 am

Continuing my Crown Liquor-instigated series of shots from gigs. these guys are fukkin mental but the audience love 'em.

Next week, blues legend Johnny Winter at Glasgow Academy (assuming the old bassa lives long enough to take the stage...)

Here's ra Chilli Pipers....

Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today IMG_0236

Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today IMG_0244

Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today IMG_0252
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today Empty Re: Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today

Post by supermo Sun May 17, 2009 8:08 am

After ole Johnny it will be either Jarvis Cocker or George Thorogood & the Destroyers. Decisions decisions...

KeepMusicLive CSC
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today Empty Re: Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today

Post by Immo Sun May 17, 2009 9:26 am

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers are homogenous, over-produced, rock-sludge.

Their global popularity stands as a testament to their formulaic, tedious, catch-all, paint-by-numbers opportunism.

Their pulling power remains a complete mystery to me. scratch

The RHC Pipers are worse than that.

The musical equivalent of a pottery model of a leaping salmon bearing the legend "Frae Bonnie Scotland"

Fit only for pissed-up beer-boys without the wit to be properly ironic.

Mind - that's only my opinion Laughing
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun May 17, 2009 9:30 am

Incidentally...

Toots and I spent our honeymoon in Inverary.

We spent the first night watching the first ever complete UK TV broadcast of the Elvis 68 comeback special.

Then we visited a wildfowl reserve, went to a jumble sale and visited a trout farm.

Three days later we were both back at work.

Romance just aint the same nowadays somehow Laughing
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun May 17, 2009 9:35 am

Yeh I got married in 1980s penury and our honeymoon consisted of: Fort Augustus, Oban, Inveraray and Lochgilphead, in that order. On the 6th day it pished with rain, so we just went home for the rest of the break.

Poor but happy, poor but happy Very Happy

PS anyway I was working at Inveraray, so technically it wasn't really a gig I went to. Just trying out a new camera lens during a break and shot these mentalists......I agree about the Peppers too btw.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun May 17, 2009 9:50 am

Blimey Shocked

Our honeymoon experiences overlap a bit Shocked Shocked

Did you also indulge in a bit of deep-down and dirty sexual shenanigans in the hotel room shower?

I know I did. Twisted Evil

I think Toots was down in reception trying to procure a copy of the Argyll & Sutherland Evening Post at the time Laughing Laughing
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun May 17, 2009 9:53 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Aye those were the days. Unbridled sex. Poverty. Rickets. All happened before the Internet came and destroyed our lives Laughing
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun May 17, 2009 9:54 am

PS Be careful, the nazi won't like those mental images of his sister "buying newspapers down at reception" Twisted Evil

That was code, wasn't it?
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun May 17, 2009 9:58 am

Very Happy

I concur.

Apart from the unbridled sex bit No

Toots' enthusiasm for the physical act of lovemaking runs roughly parallel to Dale Winton's enthusiasm for beer drinking, farting competitions, Rugby League and applied mechanics No
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun May 17, 2009 10:01 am

Clearly a woman of taste Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by bewlay Sun May 17, 2009 5:26 pm

Immo wrote:The Red Hot Chilli Peppers are homogenous, over-produced, rock-sludge.

Their global popularity stands as a testament to their formulaic, tedious, catch-all, paint-by-numbers opportunism.

The musical equivalent of a pottery model of a leaping salmon bearing the legend "Frae Bonnie Scotland"

:

You took the words right out my mouth Immo.We are on the same wavelength after all Arf

Mind - that's only my opinion :lol

bewlay

Number of posts : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by bewlay Sun May 17, 2009 5:27 pm

[quote="bewlay"]
Immo wrote:The Red Hot Chilli Peppers are homogenous, over-produced, rock-sludge.

:

You took the words right out my mouth Immo.We are on the same wavelength after all Arf

Mind - that's only my opinion jocolor

bewlay

Number of posts : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun May 17, 2009 8:39 pm

Taking Immo and Bewlay's opinions of the RHCP's music I realise just how much they remind me of...The Clash.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon May 18, 2009 2:40 am

supermo wrote:Continuing my Crown Liquor-instigated series of shots from gigs. these guys are fukkin mental but the audience love 'em.

Next week, blues legend Johnny Winter at Glasgow Academy (assuming the old bassa lives long enough to take the stage...)

Here's ra Chilli Pipers....

Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today IMG_0236

Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today IMG_0244

Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today IMG_0252

Good man mo, pictures or it didn't happen. Very Happy

Funnily enough my mate rang the other day and asked if I fancied going to a gig, if so did I fancy Shed Seven. Told him gig yes, Shed Seven no. Fuck I've seen em 3 times with him, that's enough.

Anyway pictures of the gig will posted to stop your carping.

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon May 18, 2009 5:46 am

Carp, me?

Red Hot Chilli Pipers at Inveraray today Worlds-largest-carp
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down