Since this is an intellectual board and immogreen is online so early

+3
Immo
crownliquor
supermo
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Since this is an intellectual board and immogreen is online so early Empty Since this is an intellectual board and immogreen is online so early

Post by supermo Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:15 am

I want to confess that last night I was at the Tramway watching a series of animation works by various creators, from as far back as Mary Ellen Bute (Dada, Parabola) in the 1930s and 1940s, through to Katy Dove of today, plus an introductory talk by the German animator Sebastian Buerkner.

We also contemplated Conrad's classic Straight and Narrow (soundtrack by John Cale & Terry Riley, 1970) and his classic, epoch-making minimalist 30 minute milestone, The Flicker.

Couldn't find The Flicker online, but here's some Conrad for the cliquey and pretentious among us.... Cool

And I hope the fuckwit in the back row who stood up to leave 5 minutes before the end, blocking the projector, reads this. Cunt.

Last edited by supermo on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fukkin youtube playing up. Crown's a pervert.)
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Since this is an intellectual board and immogreen is online so early Empty Re: Since this is an intellectual board and immogreen is online so early

Post by crownliquor Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:19 am

Any of them do "Fritz The cat"?

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Since this is an intellectual board and immogreen is online so early Empty Re: Since this is an intellectual board and immogreen is online so early

Post by Immo Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 am

Have either of you seen Persepolis yet?

Is it good?

The books fukkin brilliant
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:24 am

Read the book and the sequel. Expecting to see the movie next week. Brilliant book, so well done. I love writers who don't waste a word.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:27 am

Me too Laughing
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:28 am

Immo wrote:Have either of you seen Persepolis yet?

Is it good?

Just checked, been banned on the film site I use for being too mainstream.

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:28 am

Immo wrote:Me too Laughing

Very Happy

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:30 am

You read Maus, Immo?

I'm starting on Joe Sacco at the moment, the Balkans one, then Palestine. It ain't comfortable reading but a fantastic way of telling the story.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:32 am

crownliquor wrote:
Immo wrote:Have either of you seen Persepolis yet?

Is it good?

Just checked, been banned on the film site I use for being too mainstream.

Really? Despit being in French and including some obscure sexual innuendo about muslim women? Thought you'd have it streaming already? Laughing
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:33 am

Immo wrote:Me too Laughing

But you don't love so much that you'd want to emulate them, I'm guessing geek
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:37 am

That was kinda the gist of the gag yeah Very Happy

Haven't read Maus yet

Just finished "My Father and Other Working-Class heroes" by Gary Imlach

One of the best footy books I've ever read - really statto-type interesting and moving at the same time

Currently re-(skim)reading Confederacy of Dunces for next weeks book-club meeting.

My rec so I want to be sharp-set on it
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:45 am

Immo wrote:That was kinda the gist of the gag yeah Very Happy

No shit? Very Happy

Immo wrote:Haven't read Maus yet

Just finished "My Father and Other Working-Class heroes" by Gary Imlach

One of the best footy books I've ever read - really statto-type interesting and moving at the same time

Currently re-(skim)reading Confederacy of Dunces for next weeks book-club meeting.

My rec so I want to be sharp-set on it

Not read it. You ever thought of writing books, Immo? apart from the inevitable compilation of the 60-odd page Great Lost Tracks thread (gawd help ya if Crown ever moves boards again... affraid
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:02 am

I'm working on a stage play just now - didn't want to mention it cos it sounds a bit arsey. Embarassed

A good mate who now lives in Yorkshire asked me to collaborate with him on it.

He's writes for telly now (worked with Tony Richardson on an episode of "Cops" he wrote Shocked cheers) and his agent reckons if we can bash it out, she might be able to get it on at The Fringe.

He's coming up for a working visit tomorrow ( half scoops and catch-up, half dialogue writing)
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:05 am

Sounds good.

I did two factual books in the 90s. Thinking about going back to it now as I hurtle towards 50 Shocked
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:52 am

what a loada whank Very Happy
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:53 am

why dont you just have a hot soapy shower together and get it over with
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:54 am

Very Happy Very Happy man what a pair of tarts Very Happy Very Happy
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:54 am

best laugh for weeks Very Happy
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:54 am

SnakePlissken wrote:why dont you just have a hot soapy shower together and get it over with

There wouldn't be room once Immo got his gut inside the shower door.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:30 pm

What a charlatan Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:31 pm

What a back-slapping haw-haw-haw-er Laughing
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:32 pm

What a surprise Laughing
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:32 pm

Most predictable post of the week. Laughing Laughing
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:26 pm

When male bonding goes wrong

Since this is an intellectual board and immogreen is online so early Women-in-love
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:00 am

That's very good James, who did you steal it off, far too funny for one of yours. Very Happy

Have e-mailed what you asked for, your bill now seems to run to 3 pages, please send a forwarding address. Very Happy

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next