Now that I'm a post credit crunch dotcom pauper I may have to work for a living

5 posters

Go down

Now that I'm a post credit crunch dotcom pauper I may have to work for a living Empty Now that I'm a post credit crunch dotcom pauper I may have to work for a living

Post by supermo Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:31 am

So I'm in the market for money raising ideas. What does anyone think of:

1. Setting up a blog / website that offers daily business news updates on the football industry (financial results, analysis) - and no it won't be all about Minty's latest moonbeam

2. Buying what's left of Woolworths and turning the shops into brothels, with staff in the windows, Amsterdam style ?

3. Buying a pair of stockings with a mate, rolling them over our heads, and carrying a couple of baseball bats into as many banks and bookies as possible specifically to rob them (preferably without resorting to actual violence)?

4. Cashing in what's left, taking it up to the Riverside on Broomielaw, and putting it all on red?

I'm willing to try any of them, although option 2 involves employing people which is a real pain.
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Now that I'm a post credit crunch dotcom pauper I may have to work for a living Empty Re: Now that I'm a post credit crunch dotcom pauper I may have to work for a living

Post by crownliquor Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:52 am

supermo wrote:So I'm in the market for money raising ideas. What does anyone think of:

1. Setting up a blog / website that offers daily business news updates on the football industry (financial results, analysis) - and no it won't be all about Minty's latest moonbeam

If you could combine it with your inside knowledge stories, to illustrate why situations had arisen (I mean the profligacy is embarrassing) and to break up the possible dryness, it would be a good read. You certainly impart information in a pleasing style. Whether you'd make it pay?

But....................I read stennymad, and think some of the stuff posted here is fucking brilliant, real breadth of information and think everyone with half a brain would want to join, yet we still only have 26 members so what the fuck do I know? Very Happy

Does this mean the CR1 is defo out the window then? Very Happy

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Now that I'm a post credit crunch dotcom pauper I may have to work for a living Empty Re: Now that I'm a post credit crunch dotcom pauper I may have to work for a living

Post by sevvy Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:22 am

wERE WAAAAAAY TOO CLEVER FOR OUR OWN GOODS METHINKS.(WELL YOU LOT ARE)IM JUST THE TOKEN EEJIT YOU HAVE TO HAVE BY LAW.
I MEAN, WHO THE FUCK KNOWS WHAT "PROFLIGACY" MEANS? Shocked
WE HAVE TO DUMB DOWN TO ATTRACT MORE.........WELL, DUMB ASSES I SUPPOSE. Very Happy
sevvy
sevvy

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 am

This board is a haven for weirdoes, drop-outs and drinkers Sev - we all know it. No

No rational, right-thinking person would wander within a hundred yards of it No

Great innit Laughing
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:44 am

crownliquor wrote:
supermo wrote:So I'm in the market for money raising ideas. What does anyone think of:

If you could combine it with your inside knowledge stories, to illustrate why situations had arisen (I mean the profligacy is embarrassing) and to break up the possible dryness, it would be a good read. You certainly impart information in a pleasing style. Whether you'd make it pay?

But....................I read stennymad, and think some of the stuff posted here is fucking brilliant, real breadth of information and think everyone with half a brain would want to join, yet we still only have 26 members so what the fuck do I know? Very Happy

Does this mean the CR1 is defo out the window then? Very Happy

Funnily enough the revenue model is what's intriguing me. Has to be sponsorship I think, can't see subscription working as people are too used to getting all their online goodies free.

thanks for the almost-serious response, Licker. If it works you may even get a CR1 from Santa. Or some other red faced bearded weirdo who sidles up to you in the lavvies one day Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:49 am

BTW SEV

"PROFLIGACY" IS THE POSH WORD FOR A JOHNNY

GLAD TO BE OF HELP Very Happy
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:54 am

Immo wrote:BTW SEV

"PROFLIGACY" IS THE POSH WORD FOR A JOHNNY

GLAD TO BE OF HELP Very Happy

You would know, ya dirty Proddy. Very Happy

Pay no heed Sev. C'mon it's time for Confession at St Jude's Rolling Eyes
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:01 am

Laughing Laughing

I'll do three hail Marie Prevosts (Nick Lowe) and one Muddah Faddah (Allan Sherman)

Lucky I've got such catholic taste in music or I wouldn'ta managed even that Very Happy
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:55 am

Catholic taste is the best Very Happy

Especially on this site, the most eclectic music of its kind....
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by bewlay Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:40 pm

- Thats my idea.I'll lease you the rights for ten years,or why not just buy the media.The Celtic CEO adopted this approach years ago.

2. Buying what's left of Woolworths and turning the shops into brothels, with staff in the windows, Amsterdam style ?
- Iceland beat you to it.

3. Buying a pair of stockings with a mate, rolling them over our heads, and carrying a couple of baseball bats into as many banks and bookies as possible specifically to rob them (preferably without resorting to actual violence)?

- Sev has a large inventory of stockings that you could buy at a knock down price

4. Cashing in what's left, taking it up to the Riverside on Broomielaw, and putting it all on red?

My dads "flat" in Govan is up for sale,prime location on the riverside with clear view of rats

I'm willing to try any of them, although option 2 involves employing people which is a real pain.

Or use pretend employees like Andy Webster

bewlay

Number of posts : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down