Haw Crown further to a conversation about fitba fitness from ages ago

4 posters

Go down

Haw Crown further to a conversation about fitba fitness from ages ago Empty Haw Crown further to a conversation about fitba fitness from ages ago

Post by supermo Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:01 am

Roy Keane comes close to hitting the nail on the head:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7743179.stm

If the likes of Riordan & Co could read more than their scud books they might get what ole Mr Angry's on about..
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Haw Crown further to a conversation about fitba fitness from ages ago Empty Re: Haw Crown further to a conversation about fitba fitness from ages ago

Post by bewlay Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:33 pm

Keano is a top man in my book.Always respected him as a footballer but would not want to take him on in a bar brawl Shocked

bewlay

Number of posts : 701

Back to top Go down

Haw Crown further to a conversation about fitba fitness from ages ago Empty Re: Haw Crown further to a conversation about fitba fitness from ages ago

Post by sevvy Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:38 pm

Hes a pussy, id kick his baws no probs.
anyhoo, going on from that, i was talking to some cunt about this same thing the other week, about how the game at old trafford, celtic looked fucked, whereas the reds were looking remarkably slim and fast, and the fact that in the spl, thought that celtic had beaten some teams eventually due to their superior fitness levels, is it the case that celtic have only brought theirs up far enough to win the spl? i hate to say this, but even when i watched rangers, they imo, have seemed a lot fitter and faster than even the celts,and they are the only team to have beaten us so far, so make of that what you will.
or do what you usually do and just fuckin ignore me. Sad
sevvy
sevvy

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:47 am

Have talked to a lot of people in the game about this over recent years, Sev. It has to be said Celtic are doing great things in connection with diet/ nutrition, sports medicine, gymwork etc.

Frankly part of the reason Celtic and Rangers win most of their SPL games is fitness, and it's certaionly why they tend to score more late goals than their opponents. You look at most SPL teams in a match at CP and watch them flag after 60-70 mins.

Caldwell commented that he found it really hard to keep up with training when he joined Celtic. Brown said recently it was "really good" to play with players who were very fit. That - and the general condition of players like Riordan, Whittaker, Thomson and other ex Hibees who've joined the bigger clubs - tells me the attitudes at Hibs are probably shockingly bad.

the players with the right approach tend to be English, foreign, or Scots who've played outside the SPL. Once had a very interesting conversation with Paul Lambert about the German approach, compared to his experience at Motherwell, for example.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by sevvy Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:53 pm

"Once had a very interesting conversation with Paul Lambert about the German approach, compared to his experience at Motherwell, for example."

agreed, i mind reading an article by kevin keegan way back when he played with hamburg, about how different the diets and training regimes were to english clubs,but to be fair to our clubs, we have also had the handicap for many years, of being lumbered with the worst diets and drinking customs in europe.
i know i have. Cool
sevvy
sevvy

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:54 pm

some of the habits still haven't died out Sev. some young Scots players think nothing of heading for McDonalds after training, or sitting eating Pringles all night while the TV is on. No
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:59 am

supermo wrote:Have talked to a lot of people in the game about this over recent years, Sev. It has to be said Celtic are doing great things in connection with diet/ nutrition, sports medicine, gymwork etc.

Frankly part of the reason Celtic and Rangers win most of their SPL games is fitness, and it's certaionly why they tend to score more late goals than their opponents. You look at most SPL teams in a match at CP and watch them flag after 60-70 mins.

Caldwell commented that he found it really hard to keep up with training when he joined Celtic. Brown said recently it was "really good" to play with players who were very fit. That - and the general condition of players like Riordan, Whittaker, Thomson and other ex Hibees who've joined the bigger clubs - tells me the attitudes at Hibs are probably shockingly bad.

the players with the right approach tend to be English, foreign, or Scots who've played outside the SPL. Once had a very interesting conversation with Paul Lambert about the German approach, compared to his experience at Motherwell, for example.

Good stuff, and the reason why you’re my hero on here. Very Happy

Keane says some interesting things and he was the best captain I’ve ever seen. His performances justified his outbursts and player haranguing, but towards the end, his abilities had waned, and his voice lacked credibility.

He’s also the most odious man alive (sort of) and suffers from SMS. Should also sort his own house out, have you seen the size of that fat little cunt Andy Reid?

As sev said (pie and chips please Very Happy ) the diet problem starts at a young age, if you’re from a chav background, and let’s face it, most footballers are, you eat chav food.
Also, it’s hard to criticise them, you’re a young man, you have more money than you know what to do with, you won’t get sacked ‘cause football seems to exist in this strange world of no culpability, so they do what they want. What would you do in that situation?
Like George Bernard Shaw said: “Youth is wasted on the young” (put that bit in for Vern, he’s got kids you know Very Happy ).

Education is the answer, that and a bit of fucking discipline, but again, when you’re financially secure and treated like some sort of god, what hope is there?

Your point about the smaller clubs, being less fit is just stupid (the clubs, not you). They can’t compete financially, but they can damn well be as well prepared as possible. The carrot for the players should be that they’ll be picked up by the big boys, because their performances will improve with proper preparation. It’s not fucking rocket science (or male nursing Very Happy ) is it, but very few in football seem to comprehend.

Seems things are better with English players, but not perfect:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7726962.stm

Sorry if this is a bit long and boring folks.

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by sevvy Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:40 am

"Sorry if this is a bit long and boring folks."

Dont worry, were used to it from you. Shocked

Razz
sevvy
sevvy

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:38 am

Vern has kids? Shocked

Seriously Crown the fitness issue is endemic in Scottish clubs, mainly outside Celtic and Rangers who've improved their act over the last decade or so. Of the players who've left Hibs in recent years I reckon only Scott Brown understood the need for a high level of fitness.

Look at the injury records and general fitness of a few Rangers' home growns like all the Hibs signings plus guys like Charlie Adam, Chris Burke. At Celtic we had that fat turd Virgo (ok half-Scottish in his case) and quite a number of youth players who've shown great promise but not quite made it (notable that McGeady and Maloney seem to spend more time in the gym than others who never broke through).

The difference now is better understanding, the difference before was probable the foreign players. I'm told Larsson and Mjallby's body fat indices were almost too low to measure, for example.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:47 am

PS re Keane - he is from Cork. They are all fukkin mental there.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:18 am

supermo wrote:PS re Keane - he is from Cork. They are all fukkin mental there.

I've been there. Dished out a few Rangers songs and thick ears. Very Happy

A cunt speaks (in-between shaking head like a retard):

“If you can’t pass the ball properly, a bowl of pasta’s not going to make that much difference!” Harry Pissflap.

Can't stand the fucking idiot, hope Spurs go down. Twisted Evil

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:19 am

And that cunt Chiles is on again. Evil or Very Mad

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:32 am

Write a letter of complaint, Licker. The BBC love them.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by bewlay Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:47 am

Keane is from Cobh.You know!!the Titanics last berth on the British mainland Crying or Very sad

bewlay

Number of posts : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down