Praha, děkuji

3 posters

Go down

Praha, děkuji Empty Praha, děkuji

Post by Gladstone Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:24 am

Here’s some more photies. I was in Prague for a wee while, I’m sure some of you’ve been there. Some places were less than a pound a pint, but in a lot of pubs smoking was ok still.
I really liked the city, and had planned where I was heading for before I went to the Czech Republic. One of my targets was the enormous Strahov Stadium (which had a capacity close to a quarter of a million at one time). I was pleased I visited, but the structure, though massive, was not awe-inspiring.
However, lots impressed me, the power of royalty, religion and riches coming through: imagine the poor folk seeing stuff like this on Prague Castle’s main gates:
Praha, děkuji Ra9l75

and
Praha, děkuji 2r73bqg

Folk getting battered to fuck!

Would you stay here..............???
Praha, děkuji 2iaern5

I didn’t think much of Czech cuisine
Praha, děkuji 2zg8dq1

Lots of old sculptures and statue: the Charles Bridge seemed to have over 50 alone. Yet these were impressive, a memorial to those lost due to the totalitarian regime, which, in my youth and from a distance, I would have lauded:
Praha, děkuji 34r93ic

I bought gifts for my older relations here>>>>>>
Praha, děkuji 2ugoww8

These big babies are climbing the vast Zizkov TV Tower (Zizkov as in Viktoria Zizkov):
Praha, děkuji 6s9bu1

Wooden acting
Praha, děkuji 6ezm77

Finally, I searched and searched for this wee wooden building. Lots of locals don’t know of it, or the location, and I was so pleased to find it. As an atheist, there was no interest in the religious aspect, but I marvelled at this wooden church which had been built in the 18th Century in the Ukraine (at one time part of the First Czechoslovak Republic, then transported over 80 years ago to Prague. People can carry out marvellous feats, without bowing to mysterious creatures nobody has ever seen!
Praha, děkuji 15eqoi

Gladstone
Gladstone

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Praha, děkuji Empty Re: Praha, děkuji

Post by test Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Great stuff, Glad, really enjoyable read. It's no wonder there are never any new members on here, too intimidated by the intellectual "gang of four", immo, Glad, mo and er, bewls.

Did you shoot any video of the public art?

test

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by bewlay Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:03 pm

I once visited a very picturesque town in Southern Bohemia called Trebon. Two things struck me. I seen Jesus in the marketplace and there was a dish on the menu of the local inn by the name of Jewish Ravenous Fish.

bewlay

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum