Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century...

+2
onomatopoeia
supermo
6 posters

Go down

Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Empty Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century...

Post by supermo Fri May 28, 2010 3:13 am

Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Ipad

Oh look, Apple seem to have included a little welcome message for you in the notes app......what does it say now? Ah yes.....

Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Ipad2
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Empty Re: Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century...

Post by onomatopoeia Fri May 28, 2010 3:34 am

Mo.... I love it! Worth the hype would you say?

I just got a MacBook Pro, it's beautiful. cheers

onomatopoeia

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Empty Re: Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century...

Post by JimmyMcGrory Fri May 28, 2010 8:21 am

Pffft, that's some fuckin size of phone Mo Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_cyclops
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Fri May 28, 2010 8:40 am

onomatopoeia wrote:Mo.... I love it! Worth the hype would you say?

I just got a MacBook Pro, it's beautiful. cheers

Oh yes Ono, nice piece of kit although I think I'll be buying a case for it tomorrow. A colleague just got a new MB Pro, lovely machine with a great screen. And Crown wonders why you're my favourite! Very Happy

Haw Jimmy, I was thinking of doing a Dom Joly......."Haw Crown, have you seen the new iPhone yet mate...??" Twisted Evil

Loading some movies on the iPad tonight, great resolution.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Fri May 28, 2010 9:48 am

supermo wrote:Haw Jimmy, I was thinking of doing a Dom Joly......."Haw Crown, have you seen the new iPhone yet mate...??" Twisted Evil

The irony would be lost on crown Mo. On another note I hope those films aren't pirated divx files Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_evil
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Fri May 28, 2010 10:52 am

Whole fuckin thing's lost on me James Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_redface

I have a very limited grasp on all threads falling into the electronic consumer goods spectrum. Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_redface Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Kopfschuettel

It's only the openly expressed ridicule of my studes that's recently stopped me sayin 'wireless' when I mean 'radio' Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_redface Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_smile

LightProgramme Emerald No.1
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Fri May 28, 2010 8:54 pm

can i have all the old stuff you lot replace?fuck me. i only got my first laptop at christmas. Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_eek

niall o,dhubghaill

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Fri May 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Immo wrote:Whole fuckin thing's lost on me James Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_redface

I have a very limited grasp on all threads falling into the electronic consumer goods spectrum. Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_redface Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Kopfschuettel

It's only the openly expressed ridicule of my studes that's recently stopped me sayin 'wireless' when I mean 'radio' Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_redface Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_smile

LightProgramme Emerald No.1

mind years ago, my brother was in jail and my other bro was married, so i had the bed to myself, we had an old radio with the bulb things inside, so at night i used to tune in to places on the dial that i thought were dead exotic, like hilversun,oslo,eireann,allois,kundeburg luxemburg etc, but my favourite was the station of the peoples republic of albania which broadcast non stop about how the communist way was the only way,how the west lied about conditions in commie countries etc and actually using phrases like "capitolist dogs" and "come the revolution", scary stuff, but i always thought i would be saved cos i had a che guevarra poster on the wall. Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_biggrin

niall o,dhubghaill

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat May 29, 2010 3:00 am

Very Happy Brilliant Sev.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Sat May 29, 2010 7:19 am

supermo wrote:Very Happy Brilliant Sev.

it,s true. Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_neutral Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_neutral Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_neutral Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_smile

niall o,dhubghaill

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat May 29, 2010 11:06 am

That's what makes it brilliant, ya big mutt.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Sat May 29, 2010 6:04 pm

ah right, d,uuuuuuuuuuuuh! Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_biggrin

niall o,dhubghaill

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Sun May 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Been a big advocate of the gaypad from the start mo, I'd love an always on device you could grab off the coffee table and use while watching TV.

When is the review unit being sent to me? Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_biggrin

A few people have started cloning the gaypad, but nothing that compares, surely someone will manufacture a decent Android tablet soon.

I'm not interested in a Windows tablet, it must be an always on device in my opinion (and 10 hours battery life on the gaypad is fantastic) so a phone OS is perfect. There's talk of Dell using the Web OS they bought with Palm on a tablet, that would be interesting.

Perhaps I should just buy a gaypad, but that would blow the next few CD's drink budget, and the CP says I'm on very thin ice as it is. Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_biggrin

Any thoughts on the gaypad now you've had it a few days mate?

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun May 30, 2010 9:52 pm

Been a bit busy to put it right through its paces, Crown, but here are a few pointers:

1. The screen is very good - watched a whole movie ("Milk", the sort you'd like I'm sure) yesterday, and it reproduced very well.
2. Battery life is impressive. I've used the iPad for several hours since Thursday, including watching the movie, and it still has 60% charge.
3. It really needs a case (which I've bought) as its size makes you paranoid about dropping it. Having said that it fits well in the hand or on your lap.
4. It's probably meeting a gap in the market and I think people's uses of it will vary according to their needs. For me, this will be primarily for work as it's a lightweight alternative to a laptop when you're on the road. I plan to load videos, animations and presentations which I'll show on the iPad or link to a larger screen.
5. Some of the media apps are really superb. So far I've dowloaded the Guardian's eyewitness app, New York Times Editors' Choice, and Marvel Comics and they really look sensational.

Other comments:
1. Whoever invents an instant way of cleaning finger marks from the screen may well "clean up"
2, The race to produce iPad apps may be accelerating, but at this stage the vast majority available are for iPhone and usually too small. Always take care to specify the platform when searching.
3. iPhone 4.0 OS is being announced on June 7. This operating system will include full multitasking, thereby negating the sneers of sad little Windows fucks who say "doesn't the iPad only do one thing at a time?"

(In fact, you can play music while working on your iPad. But apparently you can't use Twitter while doing so. Fuck me, what a drawback that must be.... Mad )

Swallow your pride and get one Crown, we won't laugh at you. Much.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon May 31, 2010 4:01 am

Good stuff mo, thank you.

You know I won't buy anything Apple, even if it is a brilliant product, I have my pride you know. Haw Crown - come and join us in the 21st century... Icon_biggrin

Don't know whether you're into audio books, but I like a good book while cycling. Found this free site this after:

http://librivox.org/

and grabbed these short stories:

http://librivox.org/librivox-short-mystery-story-collection-vol-001/

There are 6 collections:

http://librivox.org/newcatalog/search.php?reader=&mc=&bc=&cat=&genre=&language=&type=&author=&title=&status=complete&reader_exact=&mc_exact=&bc_exact=&date=&group=&engroup=&ingroup=&group=163

Quick link to their full catalogue:

http://librivox.org/newcatalog/search.php?reader=&mc=&bc=&cat=&genre=&language=&type=&author=&title=&status=complete&reader_exact=&mc_exact=&bc_exact=&date=&group=&engroup=&ingroup=&group=163

Am over the moon with the Desire. Battery was shocking to start with, but a factory restore sorted the problem. I have a sim free model and would advise anyone to try this if they're having poor battery life.
I'd also advise anyone with a branded Desire to flash it to the vanilla rom, you'll find instructions on XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=628

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down