Gladstone
mita
JimmyMcGrory
crownliquor
Immo
16 posters

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Empty Re: Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series

Post by Immo Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:03 am

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 36790 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 36790

Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Empty Re: Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series

Post by Immo Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:12 am

"Don't get any big ideas..."

Sound advice Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 752341
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:21 am

Yersel Paddy Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 814102
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:26 am

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 703580

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:30 am

Alan Sillitoe (4 March 1928 – 25 April 2010)

One of the first authors I truly fell in love with via the fusty plastic-smelling environment of the Fawkirk public lie-brey.

A proper WC hero Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_twisted

Tougher than Orwell

More authentically bonkers than Rimbaud.

His great stuff is well known; but The General, The Death of William Posters and Guzman Go Home are lost classics in the true sense of the term.

Watch borstal governor Michael Redgrave's face at 3.41 when he realises that he's been conned and the whip hand is no longer his as Tom Courtenay (Colin Smith) finally realises the power he has to crush the governors staus-dream of winning the big cross-country race against a team of public schoolboys.

Then get a load of the 'fuck-you' look TC gives him at about 3.44 as he finally gains control of his life.

(NB The hairs on your arms should be standing smartly to attention at this point Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_lol )
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon May 03, 2010 10:21 am

My resolve is beginning to ebb Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_sad

The wooden hill beckons...

My resolve not to encourage the promoters of Macca's Hampden bash in their exorbitant ticket pricing policy is gettin wobblier by the minute an'all Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Kopfschuettel Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_bounce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P2MOrWrsk8&feature=related
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun May 09, 2010 9:44 am

Great Scaw-ish traditions.

The dodgy mid-week disco. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_twisted

1980-something...

Staggering home after a leisurely all-dayer. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Drunken_smilie

Big sign on the unlovely, brick-built extension on the unlovely brick-built hotel on the outskirts of town....

(Then flaunting its tawdry wares under the umbrella of the "Reid's Disco" group of companies Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_biggrin )

... Malibu promotion!!!! Only 50p per measure. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_eek

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_evil Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_evil

Like we seasoned topers don't know that they'll sting ya with the price of the mixers and a two-quid door charge for the privilege of "till-after-midnight" drinking. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_evil

Still... Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 E14492

Wouldn't do not to check would it Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 764307

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_eek

No door charge Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_bounce

Rummage through the pockets...

Quick calculation.... Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 462145

Let me tell you dear readers that I am no stranger to the look of withering scorn

But I have to say that the one directed my way by the (frankly quite surly) barkeep on receiving his third 50-pee's worth of smash for my third (and final) order of a Malibu and water was quite piercing. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 E14438

A lesser man would've quailed under it. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_lol

The soundtrack made it worth it tho Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 341626 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 703580

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun May 09, 2010 9:48 am

In those days Malibu was for birds and poofters.

What next, your Blue Lagoon memories ? So much curacao, so little time... Laughing
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun May 09, 2010 10:00 am

I profoundly disagree with your analysis of the target demographic Professor Sperms Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 764307

Malibu's marketing strategy at that point in the eighties was clearly also aimed at the ridiculously-fulla-various-alcoholic -combinations-yet-unable-to-call-a-halt demographic.

Destitute-to-£1.50 on the disposable income scale.

Rambling, disaffected outlook on life... heavy consumers of eco-friendly dishwasher tablets and organically sourced rhubarb.

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun May 09, 2010 10:29 am

Oooft! Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun May 09, 2010 10:54 am

Mark E Smith is a force of fukkin nature Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers

The fact that his 28th album contains a song this good is positively fukkin freakish!! Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_scratch Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_eek

All hail MES!!! Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers

(He even includes a wee personal message for me at 2.31 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_lol )

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun May 09, 2010 11:06 am

It's getting worse Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 E14544

Is there a 24-hour helpline for weakening Macca fans with limited funds/brownie points? Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Kopfschuettel

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon May 10, 2010 4:43 am

Forget it, Immo. Stadium rock sucks.

I've seen the Stones, U2, Springsteen and Eminem at Hampden. All reasonable gigs (except U2, thanks to that sanctimonious cunt "Bono") but spoiled by the venue tbh.

Stick to Randy Newman, likely to be far more enjoyable a night.

cheers
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Tue May 11, 2010 8:17 am

Yeah but it's Macca and you'd hafta know what a big-deal Beatlewise that would be for me. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_smile

(Incidentally - if any of your dot-com millionaire pals are going; is there any chance of them blagging a backstage pass for me so I can spend the entire post-gig schmooze whacking the big M round the head with a rolled-up copy of Liverpool Echo? Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_biggrin )

On another tack...

During a v successful weekend (Chekov at The Lyceum, some very nice scallops Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_lol )

I heard Craig Charles play Donny Hathaway's drippingly lush gospel versh (try sayin that lot pisht Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_smile ) of 'Young Gifted & Black'

It's a bit of an acquired taste.

But, - and if I may quote here - 'if you don't like this.... ' Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Tue May 11, 2010 9:48 am

Seein as how this board's got a slogan

(L'enfer c'est les autres (...et Bewlay) ) Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 36495

Shouldn't we have some kinda referendum on a nash-nell anfem for Stennydonia? Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_scratch

Might I seek a seconder for Monshewer Price? Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 462145 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

Or alternatively...

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_lol
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Tue May 11, 2010 10:13 am

It's only me 'n you keepin this board goin James Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Kopfschuettel

I'm assumin you've already got this but it's still a good wee clip Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers

Think of it as my 'Swansway' if you hafta Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_lol

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Tue May 11, 2010 11:03 am

I was only jokin about the Alan Price thing Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes

The Stennydonia N.A. has to be 'done' by the best....

The Beatles... Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers

Playing the Stennydonian Nash-nell anfemmm Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers

'All Together Now (even bewlay) '

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 814102

Please be upstanding

As the actress said... Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_lol

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Fri May 14, 2010 7:09 am

Instrumental breaks are always interesting on TV clips.

Check out the incredibly bored Dusty-a-like gettin the clapping thing right while her hopelessly gawky partner does all the right claps but not necessarily in the right order. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_evil

Stay sharp tho - cos at 1.30 you gotta be ready for the biggest-eared miniature monkey in a suit that ever epitomised the beautiful plurality and excitement of the 60's.

He's clapping correctly and looks fucking fabulous as a result. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 814102

The (very live) performance is a delight an'all but hey Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes ... it's The Fabs Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_rr Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun May 16, 2010 10:39 am

Caught up on some Sky-plussed stuff tonight.

Watched that 'I'm in a Rock & Roll Band - Guitarists' thing from BBC4.

Wilko was fucking fabulous. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 122450

'Go on - offer me fifty grand for me guitar' Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_lol

His account of how he left the band was v moving and I'm not ashamed to say I had to dash away the manly tear Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cry

Too much cock-rock of course... Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_evil

(Richie Sambora is a bell-end of the first water Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_evil Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_evil Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_evil )

Just cheap telly really Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes

Like 'The Rock 'n' Roll Years' that DLT used to introduce.

A load of cheap clips over a contemporaneous soundtrack, dash of post-modern voiceover et voila!! Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 814102 .

A little package of knowing, marketable, demographic-specific entertainment for under a fiver.

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes

On the other hand tho Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 462145 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 462145 ...

Jeff Beck tore off a heartbreakingly good take on Cliff Gallup's solo on this one. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 36790 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 36790

There was no dashing away of the MT likes Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 764307 ....

But it was a close run thing Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_smile

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun May 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Hooooooooooo-weeeeeeeeeee!!!! Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_lol Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 36790 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 36790

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 122450 Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 122450
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed May 19, 2010 7:13 am

Monshewer Rockin Rik is sending me a copy of that (let's rip the sorry fuckers one last time) 'Legacy' edition of Exile soon. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers

James is consistently bumping up into the red on the ole gent-o-meter... however Monshewer Rockin is off the scale Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers

I'll up it when I get it. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_smile

(Regular posters on this board will know to file that little beauty alongside "The Conservative Liberal partnership will deliver...", "The SFA will relentlessly pursue clubs whose fans persist in singing proscribed songs" and "I've got a compilation sorted - should be in your in-boxes soon")

Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_lol

Bonus tracks on it. Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_cheers

That one didn't make the final cut??? Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_eek

On a double album???? Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_eek Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_eek

Definitely lost Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Kopfschuettel
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Fri May 21, 2010 11:39 am

I fuckin hate my life Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_evil

Embdy up for a swap? Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_question Great Lost Tracks - An Everyday Series - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes

While you're thinkin about it....

Scuse me while I whip these out....

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Fri May 21, 2010 11:43 am

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Fri May 21, 2010 11:49 am

Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next