Dear Green Place

3 posters

Go down

Dear Green Place Empty Dear Green Place

Post by Immo Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:45 am

Went to find the photies from Saturday night on my phone and realised I hadn't posted the details of me and Toots' latest freebie stay in The Carlton George Hotel, Glasgow last month.

My wee sis has an arrangement with someone who works in said establishment and usually fixes me up with a top-of-the-range room and access to the executive lounge (free bevvy Dear Green Place Icon_biggrin ) for my birthday.

This time it was a Chrimbo prezzy for both of us.

On both of my previous birthdays, Toots ended up arseholed on free hooch and crashed out by half ten. Dear Green Place Icon_evil

However, on entering the room and seeing the sumptuous fittings on the bed... (a curtain yet!! - why that's practically a four-poster!! Dear Green Place Icon_eek ) ... I felt I was onto a sure-fire winner this time

Dear Green Place Image014
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Dear Green Place Empty Re: Dear Green Place

Post by Immo Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:54 am

Sorry Crownybhoy Dear Green Place Kopfschuettel Dear Green Place Icon_cry

I know how upset you get when you think of me having filthy carnal thoughts about anyone apart from you Dear Green Place Icon_sad

Just to make you feel better...

...and to prove I was thinking about you just minutes after dumping the bags in the room and heading out...

Took this one despite a lotta Dear Green Place Icon_rolleyes Dear Green Place Icon_rolleyes and "Don't be such a prick - everyone's lookin at you funny" (Like I aint used to that by now Dear Green Place Icon_lol ) from Toots.

Dear Green Place Image015
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:02 am

Yaddy-yaddy...

Hit the pubs... Dear Green Place 341626

(Too briefly mind Dear Green Place Icon_evil - told Toots we shoulda left Fawkirk earlier: although granted, 8 in the am was prolly a bit ambitious Dear Green Place Icon_rolleyes )

Bought some stuff Dear Green Place Icon_rolleyes

Took a coupla snaps before heading back to the hotel for a trough-up in the hotel's rooftop res-chew-rong.

Still my fave eaterie in the DGP ever Dear Green Place 855973

Dear Green Place Image016
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:04 am

Luvly - just like you were somewhere exotic and European... Dear Green Place Icon_lol

Dear Green Place Image017

...instead of Glasgow Dear Green Place Icon_eek Dear Green Place Icon_biggrin
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:08 am

Remembered just in time that a photo of my footwear was de rigeur in these circs...

Dear Green Place Image018
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:14 am

Anyhoo....

Went for the scoff (which, surprisingly/disappointingly was fucking vile Dear Green Place Icon_mad )

Up to the boudoir about 10.15......

....Yep Dear Green Place Icon_rolleyes

You got it in one Dear Green Place Icon_evil

Dear Green Place Kopfschuettel

This is me, pissed-up on the contents of the (complimentary) drinks cabinet, heading down in the lift for a late-night wander round the city centre.

Dear Green Place Image019
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:28 am

Got a pic of the ole Alma Mater

The old RSAMD building.

(Now some kinda retail outlet (Crazy Vern's House o' Gew-Gaws or somesuch Dear Green Place Kopfschuettel ) )

I snapped this partickler window cos I once (during it's time as an hotel) DJ'ed just inside there at Big Andy and Wee Carol's wedding on a beautiful summer evening years ago.

Played "Loose" by The Stooges and filled the floor an'all Dear Green Place Icon_twisted ... at a fuckin wedding!!!

Dear Green Place Image020

Just across the road used to be a pub called The Muscular Arms. I used to go in there to avoid cello lessons (and the luvvies at college who scared me shitless - bein all gauche, Undertoned-up and desperately lacking in confidence at the time Dear Green Place Kopfschuettel Dear Green Place Icon_evil )

Shit eaterie now Dear Green Place Icon_rolleyes

Dear Green Place Image021
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:29 am

me likey. Dear Green Place Icon_biggrin

first thing i thought when i saw that bed was"brace yersel bernadette"! Dear Green Place Icon_biggrin fuck knows why,
as for masel, just booked the hotel in thailand, i,ll be happy if the bed looks like that.

niall o,dhubghaill

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:44 am

Was chuckling nostalgically to myself as I took that one.

First time I ever went into The Muscular Arms, there was a wee gravel path surrounding the bar.

"How cool/chic" I thought to myself as I mustered up all of my 17-year-old's strength and sauntered up - nonchalant as ye like- and ordered my pint of lager.

It was only after I returned a couple of days later that I realised it was nothing more exotic than a bed of aggregate for the shiny, terracotta tiles which now surrounded the bar. Dear Green Place Icon_redface Dear Green Place Suspect Dear Green Place Kopfschuettel

However...

I noticed out of the corner of my eye a slightly lairy-looking one who seemed to be building himself up to taking issue with the nostalgic chuckling. Not to mention the chucklesome footwear - which he was staring at very intently - swaying slightly.

I beat a hasty retreat to Geo Square to catch (still) one of my fave buildings all lit up and sparkly like Dear Green Place Icon_smile

Dear Green Place Image022

Went into what used to be The Bank on Queen St for a couple of voddy and red-bulls and got into a completely pointless conversation about music with some plooky inadequate who was incapable of biting his own finger....

....and it all went downhill from there Dear Green Place Icon_evil Dear Green Place Icon_cry

Still....

The Leeds International Piano Competition was being repeated on BBC4 when I got back to the room. Dear Green Place Icon_cheers

Dear Green Place Image023

I could hear most of it over Toots' competition-standard, buzz-saw snoring Dear Green Place Icon_lol
Immo
Immo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Dear Green Place 814102 Dear Green Place 814102

Fantastic stuff immo, though that cunt will be along soon to say it's too wordy. Dear Green Place 642385 How many fucking plays has he written, eh? Cunt. Dear Green Place Icon_biggrin

No camp boxing pose though, would Toots not be party to that? Dear Green Place 922658 Dear Green Place Icon_biggrin

Guess which follically challenged short-arse hasn't got a hope in hell of winning best reviewer this year? Dear Green Place Icon_evil

And lest we forget............................. Dear Green Place 925900

More please immo.

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down