Stage 2 of winning mo back

5 posters

Go down

Stage 2 of winning mo back Empty Stage 2 of winning mo back

Post by crownliquor Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Intention is to complete this today, there are pictures and all sorts. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin

I predict mo will be sexting me by the end of the day. Stage 2 of winning mo back 558666 Stage 2 of winning mo back 869332 Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Stage 2 of winning mo back Empty Re: Stage 2 of winning mo back

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:34 pm

liquorice allsorts????????????? you,ll maybe have him in bed 10 mins later, he,s a liquorice slut, though maybes sadly for you, not a CROWNliquorice slut Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_razz

niall o,dhubghaill

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:23 am

Ok, if the baldy fella doesn’t reinstate me as his number one favourite after this, I’m a Derby County fan. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin (Have you seen where King Billy has taken the tricky trees to in the table? Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_twisted )

Haven’t been to a museum since last summer and was in need of a little cultural nourishment so had a wander around Kelvingrove.
The exhibits themselves were not of great interest to me, they leant heavily on education rather than art. Here’s a random picture of a sailor for mo to wank over that was on exhibit.

Stage 2 of winning mo back Glasgowkelvingrovemuseus

But it’s a beautiful space and it gladdened my soul just walking around:

Stage 2 of winning mo back Glasgowkelvingrovemuseu
Stage 2 of winning mo back Glasgowkelvingrovemuseul

After touring Kelvingrove a spot of lunch was taken and then off to GOMA.

GOMA’s exhibitions also disappointed me, but again, it’s a beautiful space and was a joy to be there.

That’s just the preamble though, the following is gonna get mo all dewy of penis. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin

Crown in non-shit pub tour shocker.

This was upstairs in “McSorley’s” (which I spelt incorrectly in the note because I’m a mong). You’ll see this picture on the wall if you visit, they’ll have taken my note down by now mind.

Stage 2 of winning mo back Glasgowmonotemcsorleys2

No note, but this is “Home”. I really liked it in here, dark and seedy.

Stage 2 of winning mo back Glasgowhomebarjan2010

Sure I knew the barman in here from somewhere, he’s a short arse prick who fancied himself.

Stage 2 of winning mo back Glasgowmonotesloanesjan

Know I’ll lose brownie points (and I didn’t write this note, I draw the line at kisses) but this was the day after, for breakfast.

Stage 2 of winning mo back Glasgowmonoteyatesjan20

The view from “One UP”. I’m still reeling from paying near seven quid for a vodka martini in here, what’s the world coming to? It was pointed out to me that it was all alcohol in the martini, to which I retorted, not enough alcohol for seven quid. Only had two and went back to lager with a vodka and ice chaser, that’s a proper man’s drink. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_twisted

Stage 2 of winning mo back Glasgowviewfromoneupbar

Here’s a list of the pubs I can recall:

1 Hengler’s Circus – I know, minus points again, but I always go in here, and it was only lunchtime(ish)
2 Bar Ten
3 Mcsorley’s
4 Blackfriars
5 Home
6 One Up
7 Yates’s – This one doesn’t really count, you can’t dock me for this.
8 The Lab
9 Sloans

Think there may have been another bar or two, but have been assured there wasn’t.

Come on dad, admit it, you’re proud of me now, let me be your favourite again. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_cheers

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:20 am

Progress, admittedly. McSorleys, Blackfriars, Home and Sloans certainly. I don't know Bar Ten, I do know One Up is for wankers, and I can only imagine that Hengler's Circus and Yates are just beyond the pale.

6/10 overall though. Plus a bonus point for raising a laugh with your cheesy notes, daft cunt.
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:40 am

Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_lol Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_lol

That Crownybhoy's got promise - definitely

I shall hafta look to my laurels Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin

Stage 2 of winning mo back Stan_laurel
Stage 2 of winning mo back Stan_laurel

(I mean in the sense that I'm 'funniest poster of the year' likes baldy Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_twisted Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_twisted Oh yeah Stage 2 of winning mo back 239144 You better bleev it Stage 2 of winning mo back 900120 What did you get again? Best Costume design? Best Set Dresser? Best Llama wrangler?? Stage 2 of winning mo back 462145 Oh yeah- best critic Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_rolleyes Still - always next year eh? Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_lol )

I've got a very pleasant memory of Sloans from the morning of the 87/88 Cup Final vs Dundee Utd as it goes Crowny.

Was in there a few weeks ago.

Best - as always

Your pal...

Immo

Stage 2 of winning mo back 855973

Stage 2 of winning mo back 722820 Stage 2 of winning mo back 722820
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:38 pm

Immo wrote:
What did you get again? Best Costume design? Best Set Dresser?

Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin

Did you see how he tried to make the awards more "democratic" in a pathetic attempt to gain the funniest poster award? Baldy twat. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin

supermo wrote:Progress, admittedly. McSorleys, Blackfriars, Home and
Sloans certainly. I don't know Bar Ten, I do know One Up is for
wankers, and I can only imagine that Hengler's Circus and Yates are
just beyond the pale.

6/10 overall though. Plus a bonus point for raising a laugh with your cheesy notes, daft cunt.

So, have I regained my rightful place in your affections Stage 2 of winning mo back 855973 Stage 2 of winning mo back 855973 then? Stage 2 of winning mo back 469358 crownliquor and Rangers, number fucking one baby. Stage 2 of winning mo back 814102

Just to clear things up, the person who recommended "One Up" is a wanker and probably a halfwit?

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:12 pm

crownliquor wrote:

Did you see how he tried to make the awards more "democratic" in a pathetic attempt to gain the funniest poster award? Baldy twat. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin

So, have I regained my rightful place in your affections Stage 2 of winning mo back 855973 Stage 2 of winning mo back 855973 then? Stage 2 of winning mo back 469358 crownliquor and Rangers, number fucking one baby. Stage 2 of winning mo back 814102
?

No, you're still behind Ono, you've just improved your goal difference.

With another two points off for hun triumphalism btw.....
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:07 am

Leave it out mo, everyone knows I'm the apple of your eye and you think of me while masturbating like a safari park monkey as a surrogate son. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_twisted Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin

Could you answer the question below please mate?

crownliquor wrote:

Just to clear things up, the person who recommended "One Up" is a wanker and probably a halfwit?

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:17 am

thats a question?

btw, wheres the bit with all the lights strung up?

niall o,dhubghaill

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:19 am

Not sure what your question is or its implication, Licker.

Did you record Ed Reardon and where are the older series? Simple questions, ignored I note.

Hovering on another point off for obscurantism.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:20 am

niall o,dhubghaill wrote:thats a question?

btw, wheres the bit with all the lights strung up?

Royal Exchange Square, taken from just round from the Rogano by the looks of it, Sev. Next to Goma, the place Crown didn't like much.

The Duke of Wellington statue of traffic cone fame is on the other side.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:24 am

Fuck me, it's like dealing with 5 year olds. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin

"One Up" wasn't my choice of bar, would you say the person who dragged me in was a wanker for taking me in such a place? There is no implication mate.

Re Reardon. See what I did there? Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin Read the Sundays thread.

Lights are at GOMA sev.

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am

it looks real purty with all the lights

niall o,dhubghaill

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:33 am

crownliquor wrote:Fuck me, it's like dealing with 5 year olds. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin

"One Up" wasn't my choice of bar, would you say the person who dragged me in was a wanker for taking me in such a place? There is no implication mate.

Re Reardon. See what I did there? Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin Read the Sundays thread.

Lights are at GOMA sev.

Why who dragged you in? I'm guessing it was a boyfriend.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:43 am

Yes, it was my boyfriend bisexual Pete, slightly effeminate Matthew couldn't make it, and I'd like to abuse him and say it's not just me who thought it was a wanker's bar. Is that enough information for you to answer please?

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:26 am

crownliquor wrote:Yes, it was my boyfriend bisexual Pete, slightly effeminate Matthew couldn't make it, and I'd like to abuse him and say it's not just me who thought it was a wanker's bar. Is that enough information for you to answer please?

One Up is among a group of ghastly poser joints in Royal Exchange Square owned by a well-known dodgy geezer and his two daughters. They made their money from crime running nightclubs like Victoria's and also extremely dodgy "private hire taxi firms er, "business ventures" like money laundering raising alms for the poor. Sadly the same chap now owns the very fine upmarket art deco Rogano, which is a crime against humanity if ever there was one.

The only guy I know who frequents One up and "29" its sister bar / neighbour is one of the biggest wankers in providence. And he's from Cork, home to many arseholes in my experience.

So safe to say it's a wankers' bar. In my opinion of course.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:55 am

supermo wrote:The only guy I know who frequents One up and "29" its sister bar / neighbour is one of the biggest wankers in providence. And he's from Cork, home to many arseholes in my experience.

Is he French or Irish, make your mind up FFS!! Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_scratch Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:10 am

See I'd add a couple of smileys there James, if only fukkin Mowbray gave me a reason.......
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:39 am

supermo wrote:
crownliquor wrote:Yes, it was my boyfriend bisexual Pete, slightly effeminate Matthew couldn't make it, and I'd like to abuse him and say it's not just me who thought it was a wanker's bar. Is that enough information for you to answer please?

One Up is among a group of ghastly poser joints in Royal Exchange Square owned by a well-known dodgy geezer and his two daughters. They made their money from crime running nightclubs like Victoria's and also extremely dodgy "private hire taxi firms er, "business ventures" like money laundering raising alms for the poor. Sadly the same chap now owns the very fine upmarket art deco Rogano, which is a crime against humanity if ever there was one.

The only guy I know who frequents One up and "29" its sister bar / neighbour is one of the biggest wankers in providence. And he's from Cork, home to many arseholes in my experience.

So safe to say it's a wankers' bar. In my opinion of course.

Posts like this are why you win the hero award year after year. Informative, interesting and well written. All hail the king of Glasgow. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_king Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:12 am

He's good innee Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_smile

Still....

Bein good won't make that hair grow back now will it. Stage 2 of winning mo back 764307 Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_sad Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_cry

Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_lol

PS

He's dead right about Rogano's an'all Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_twisted

As an impoverished stude/layabout I often usedta peer hungrily at the sun-yellowed menu they had in their window (for yeeeears it seemed Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_eek ) and dream of the day I would be (financially) able to frequent such a joint as sold 'Smoked Eel with Scrambled Egg' as a starter.

The first visit (mid/late 80s) was a blast.

(A dozen oysters (eel was off) , roast monkfish with red pepper coulis, lime sorbet and a steady stream of waiters in wee 1930s-style monkey jackets Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_cheers )

My most recent visit was disappointingly homogenuous/generic. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_evil

Like the margins had been cut to the bone and the whole place was being run by someone who had made their money from some kind of criminal enterprise. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_mad

Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_eek Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_eek Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_eek

Q.E.D. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_rolleyes Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_smile
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:39 am

crownliquor wrote:

Posts like this are why you win the hero award year after year. Informative, interesting and well written. All hail the king of Glasgow. Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_king Stage 2 of winning mo back Icon_biggrin

Flatterer.

Too bad you dithered on the Reardon stuff mate.

In the same week that your diddy English team got fukked by Barry Ferguson too. Ho ho ho.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down