Howja like them apples for a fitba post?!! Gee... 313765
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Gee... Empty Re: Gee...

Post by supermo Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:38 pm

I happen to know CL. Not well, but I've sat through a few games with him and had lunch about three years ago. Very knowledgeable guy, must know every player in every league in Scotland, senior and youth. He has an extremely impressive knowledge of players.

My only misgiving is that the job is a little too soon for him. He needed to win a trophy for United or move to a bigger club before Scotland. Hope I'm wrong. If he gets the job I wish him well, but he wouldn't have been my first choice right now.
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:53 pm

PS Hiring him does have the added value of watching his erstwhile chairman turn purple about compensation and do a poor imitation of his late father in bluster mode.

I always had a soft spot for United, but Eddie Thompson was a fukkin weasel and one of the nastiest men I've ever had to deal with.

Er, god rest his eternal soul 'n that.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladstone Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Craig Levein appears to have a fine knowledge of the game, and he talks well. I imagine he won’t easily allow interference in team affairs from anyone, including the press (who have already started questions about ‘Boydie’, the ‘Fud’ and the ‘Shagger’.

But his strong points were identifying lower league players and those from abroad, and bringing them into the top Scottish league: those qualities won’t benefit him with Scotland.

It maybe is too early for him, but you can hardly pick and chose when such a job becomes available. One area where he might be beneficial is in restructuring youth football: he began that task at Tannadice, with Ian Cathro, and appears to hold a passion for change in that direction.

Stephen Thompson is unhappy, not at the amount of compensation which will have to be paid, but the rank rotten timing of the business. But maybe the SFA were worried about new investment at Ibrox leading to a new manager being sought to replace ‘Walter’……… hold on, that wouldn’t have concerned them, would it? Very Happy
Gladstone
Gladstone

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:30 am

He's a fairly safe appointment, one most of the fans will be happy with. To be honest the old saying "you canna put a shine on shite" comes to mind, a modicum of success and he'll be the man

The alternatives would have cost real money and that wouldn't sit well with the SFA, though in his favour Levin doesn't seem shy in calling a cunt a cunt

Me, I don't give much as a fuck as I stopped caring around 1990
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by bewlay Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:52 am

I'm right behind him

bewlay

Number of posts : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:27 pm

supermo wrote:I happen to know CL. Not well, but I've sat through a few games with him and had lunch about three years ago. Very knowledgeable guy, must know every player in every league in Scotland, senior and youth. He has an extremely impressive knowledge of players.

My only misgiving is that the job is a little too soon for him. He needed to win a trophy for United or move to a bigger club before Scotland. Hope I'm wrong. If he gets the job I wish him well, but he wouldn't have been my first choice right now.

You never invite me out for lunch you cunt, you'd take that fucking male nurse though wouldn't you? Things are gonna change round here. Gee... Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:50 am

crownliquor wrote:You never invite me out for lunch you cunt, you'd take that fucking male nurse though wouldn't you? Things are gonna change round here. Gee... Icon_biggrin

Mo never takes me out for lunch, he thinks I'll get pissed and drink out of the finger bowls Gee... Icon_cry
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm going to mo's for lunch today, he's not invited me, but I'm going anyway. Gee... Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:06 pm

We had lunch in a football club boardroom, four of us including me and Levein.

ffs Do I have to explain EVERYTHING?!
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:43 am

So James and I aren't fit to dine with you in club boardrooms? Fucking prick. Gee... 900120 Gee... Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:00 am

crownliquor wrote:So James and I aren't fit to dine with you in club boardrooms? Fucking prick. Gee... 900120 Gee... Icon_biggrin

First division's my level mate, I know my place in the hospitality ladder Gee... Icon_biggrin
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:11 am

Don't pander to the baldy twat, he's gonna get such a beating. Gee... 239144 And immo says he's a prick. Gee... Icon_biggrin Immo's my hero you know. Gee... 855973 Gee... Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:16 am

Immo said no such thing.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down