supermo
Immo
test
8 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The King & I Empty The King & I

Post by test Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:30 am

(and Furniture Went Mad too, but that would have ruined the post title)

A magnificently menacing and dark track from Furniture Went Mad, married with a wonderfully creative audio contribution from the King of Glasgow. Play this video loud to appreciate it fully.

Il N'ya Pas de Joie:

Both of the above also contribute to this light yet informative look at some Glasgow architecture.

Glasgow Wandering:

test

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

The King & I Empty Re: The King & I

Post by Immo Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:09 am

Out...fuckin... standing!!  cheers 

Like Lennon finally finding his McCartney... but with less hair involved obviously.  Rolling Eyes Very Happy 

Assuming 'Le Roi' is  Baldy ...

He's really quite an erudite sort isn't he?  Smile 

Kinda historically/geographically knowledgeable and well-versed in the architectural arts...

... dry/funny too... "Quasi-public, third-way arts-group"  Laughing 

...I hate talented cunts.  Evil or Very Mad  Sad 

I glean only a few crumbs of comfort from his lack of tonsorial fecundity and the fact that he sounds a wee bit like H*gh Ke*v*ns in parts of the commentary. Laughing 

(If 'Le Roi' is actually B*wl*y... then he's obviously an idiot and a charlatan... and he definitely sounds a lot like Huge Kevin's  No No )

Test's deadpan delivery and willingness to apply the infrequently-used adjectival form of 'vexation' remains a constant delight of course.  Kiss   Smile  Champion 

A really quite inspiring piece of work...

I have a sudden desire to visit the DGP to....

Revisit the Halt Bar (and check out Lobey again  Smile )

Check out Franklin Terrace

Do a Saturday pub crawl/consumer-blitz around the Gt Western/Byres/Partick X axis

Go to Kelvingrove Gallery (if only to re-enact the Willie Chi-Chi 'Godfather' hit in the revolving doors... if they're still there)

Visit Olympia (whilst abstaining from wearing anything green - obviously)

Petition GCC re the Police Stables.

Top bombing gents!  Champion 

PS

Obviously, all of the above refers only to the second vid.

The first one sounds like a Scars B-side  Mad  Evil or Very Mad 

I dunno how you'd improve that.  Ponder2 

I s'pose you could edit the 'end of story' bit off the end.

that would make it slightly better.... like a Cuban Heels B-side say...  Kiss  Smile
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by test Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:03 am

Such kind words, thank you.
The aim of EC is to pique the viewer’s interest. Whether their interest is piqued to visit an art gallery, listen to a bonus track in the description, read a book, visit a building, look at something through fresh eyes, question a political comment or just think the video is rubbish, it doesn’t matter, it’s all good. At my most pretentious (and I’m very pretentious) I like to think of it as education by stealth.

The king is a legend. Not once did he complain about the stream of questions and requests for help, he even let the late night drunken emails professing undying love to him, slide.

The snippets were gems, he knows something about everything (bar humility), a real Glasgow authority. His input made writing the script easy, just link to his next piece of information. Don’t tell him any of this though, cunt already has an ego the size of Europe.

The Argyle Street entrance at Kelvingrove still has revolving doors, immo.

You should visit Franklin Terrace, it’s wonderful.

The pub crawl sounds a good idea. Pictures or it didn’t happen.

Right I’m off to think of another Glasgow project to bother the mardy maharaja with.

test

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:00 am

Futility has the better of me.
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by test Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:11 am

One must eke out one’s meagre resources.

The girl spoken about at the end of the video would of course be a boy in Mo’s case.

test

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:07 pm

I'm a bit pissed, I might read this later but fuck it no guarantees will be given. Arty farty cunts
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:04 am

Quite right Jimmy.
As ever, the pederast has taken things a step too far and is back playing with himself alone.
Sad but predictable.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by test Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:34 pm

Should you be abusing someone who can expose your ruffty-tuffty, emotionless, uncaring persona as fake and reveal you’re the cutest, button nosed creature ever to inhabit Rutherglen, with the publication of a few emails?

Anyway, don’t you have projects to be getting on with rather than being rude to your better?
Stupid, baldy twat.

test

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:52 am

I'm very sober as working all weekend, I might read this later but fuck it no guarantees will be given. Arty farty cunts
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by test Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:51 am

test

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:24 am

It's not Barrow-in-Furness bus station is it?  Smile 

Really...really good.  cheers 

I think you found your format Test.

(I hate callin you that btw - doesn't lend itself to any kind of affectionate nicknaming  Evil or Very Mad How about 'Quentin'? Or Quenty... or Quenters... or El Quenterino - if you're not into that whole brevity thing? ;) )

I'm definitely going to do one of these.  Timmy Lies 

It's inspired me.

You can't ask more of a piece of creative work than that surely.

Chapeau monshewer.  Champion
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228

Back to top Go down

Post by test Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:51 am

Goodness, it is Barrow-in-Furness bus station, the piece must have caught its essence.

Thank you for the feedback, you’re too kind. Dad said he “liked it a lot” too. See, you cunts scoff, but when I post the pictures of me in my adoption dress standing next to the proud spermo, you’ll believe then. You do wear a dress at your adoption, right? I was unsure about this, but mo maintains it’s the protocol. A dress and no underwear he says, and holding the ceremony in a Travelodge hotel room is nothing to worry about. He a filthy beast.

I like this one too, immo. I’m keen on storytelling, as stories engage people and if I can drop some information, (drinking while on coke is dangerous due to the risk of cocaethylene) all the better.
I’ve read heroin is much safer for your heart than coke.

If you fancy having a go at a “Binge” piece, the binge doesn’t have to be an intoxicant, you can tell a story about binging on anything, it should be a true story though.

As Alex Turner sings, “you can call me anything you want”:

Quentin would be in keeping with my campness.

Posting under “test” is symbolic. It symbols that not accepting the unhappiness while posting as crownliquor has ceased. When your temporary refuges of drugs and alcohol are taken away, there’s little to mask the disillusionment. There’s no joy, sweets.

test

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:13 am

Can we just save time and call you cunt?
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by test Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:01 am

supermo wrote:Can we just save time and call you cunt?

Goodness, that doesn’t sound like your usual, complimentary self, is your bra pinching a bit, sweetheart?

test

Back to top Go down

Post by test Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:56 am

Why would Glasgow be mentioned in a video about Birmingham? Unrequited love I’m afraid. Unrequited love is horrible, just ask mo. He has no chance of sleeping with me (unless he buys me a bicycle) but he still keeps sending inappropriate photos. He’s a filthy beast.

test

Back to top Go down

Post by test Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:33 am

Crisis of confidence:

I’m writing the script for another “Wandering” video so watched “London Wandering” for inspiration:

Fuck, I can’t top that, it’s wonderful.

Let’s watch “Glasgow Wandering” instead......

Jesus fucking wept, that’s even better than “London Wandering”, so good it hurts.
Maybe I can persuade The King to narrate the new “Wandering” vid, his dulcet tones and a new tune from Furniture Went Mad can perhaps save the project.

Perchance Mardy is correct, one can only find solace in bumming whores.
I wish I was making this up, but here’s a text exchange between Mardy and I. I’m in blue by the way:

The King & I Mardy%20Text%20Screenshot_zpstp2y1h1i

I bet your lot’s text messages don’t look like that.

test

Back to top Go down

Post by test Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:22 am

Another top performance from the King of Glasgow, he’s quite a talented boy. Mind you, Tarquin provides him with tremendous material to work with.

Music as always is perfect and supplied by Scotland’s most generous musician and gentleman of the highest calibre, Furniture Went Mad. Certain bald posters would do well to follow Furniture’s unfailing courtesy.

Watch the video full screen with the volume turned up:

The pieces Tarquin collaborates with the king on are diverse, left to his own devices Tarquin just talks about how unhappy he is, like in this video:

Not that you’re interested, but it took 20 minutes to write Tarquin’s message on all the notes and my bank now have me on a watch list, as withdrawing more than two fifty pound notes at a time marks you as a nefarious character apparently.

test

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:45 am

These guys are brilliant.

Tell us more about FWM, "test".

Nothing heard from Falkirk, I take it?
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by test Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:37 am

By “these guys”, one assumes you mean the King, Furniture and Tarquin are brilliant and you still hold me in contempt.

What can one say about FWM but he’s a gent without compare, so much so, I offered to buy him a drink when in Glasgow earlier this year. Well, perhaps not to actually buy him a drink with money, but the thought was there.
He’s hard at work writing a new piece of music for the sculpture wander rounds at the moment.

You’ll also be glad to know, the King is writing and recording a short contribution for the next “wandering video” (which I’ve been out taking photos for this morning),

The King & I Z10

recording something for another “Tarquin” piece (I think) and most expensively/laboriously/excitingly of all, has in principle agreed to work on an ambitious Glasgow piece.

Emailed the Falkirk Genius on the train to London (as I always do) last week and he in turn has ignored me (as he always does). To be fair, language hadn’t reached Falkirk on my last visit. All the residents I encountered just grunted and growled  when I tried to engage them, my accent, riding crop, cape and red boots may well have offended them.
If the god like one has died without telling us, I think we’ll be well within our rights to ban him, like I did that cunt mita.

Absolut, sweetheart. Do you fancy being the stroppy, condescending, sarcastic , Scottish female EC require to record a short audio piece? There’s no payment, but if you let Mo know next time you’re in Glasgow, he’ll buy you a drink in The Crystal Palace on my behalf.

test

Back to top Go down

Post by test Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:24 am

After a poor first effort and a short chastisement, the King of Glasgow came through, as he always does:

test

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:17 am

You'd think some cunt on here would acknowledge genius, eh Crown?
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by test Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:04 pm

The King of Glasgow was supposed to record a contribution about Templeton’s carpet factory on Glasgow Green for this video, but he’s a very unreliable monarch, so if you wish to know anything about said factory, you’ll have to research it for yourself.

test

Back to top Go down

Post by test Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:34 am

The wonderfully generous yet hopelessly unreliable* King of Glasgow has contributed to this video. And as always, music is by the legend that is, Furniture Went Mad:

Lyveden New Bield

I’ve finished with the baldy fella now and have thrown my lot in with The King of Glasgow, he’s going to adopt me and make me a prince, whereas the baldy fella just hoped I was a queen. Filthy, filthy beast.

*Not as unreliable as the dipso, though. (Kisses, sweets)

test

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:33 am

Brilliant music, as ever.
The Scotch bloke was the only good bit. The rest was all shite to me.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by test Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:20 am

The King is a gent* and wouldn’t tolerate your nonsense like I do, Mo. You’ll be glad to know he is supposed to be contributing to 3 or 4 other EC projects but claims to be very busy at the moment. A spot of hard work will do the idle, workshy fop good, he’s normally less industrious than the under stair dweller.

*Not in the same gentleman’s league as James, mind.

test

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next