To our central Scotland correspondents

+4
JimmyMcGrory
niall o,dhubghaill
SnakePlissken
onomatopoeia
8 posters

Go down

To our central Scotland correspondents Empty To our central Scotland correspondents

Post by onomatopoeia Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:16 am

If you were going for dinner in the Falkirk/Polmont/Larbert/Stenhousemuir/Grangemouth area of an evening, where would you recommend? Pies Fruitcake Trout Gin and tonic Vino tinto El Gordo Sherlock

onomatopoeia

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

To our central Scotland correspondents Empty Re: To our central Scotland correspondents

Post by SnakePlissken Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:57 am

i only ever go to 3 places...the wheelhouse, the copper top and immos.......if you choose immos a word of advice. wear a gravy proof kagool, it can get a bit choppy
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

To our central Scotland correspondents Empty Re: To our central Scotland correspondents

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:43 pm

The Castlecary is well worth a nosebag.

niall o,dhubghaill

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Going somewhere else!
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladstone Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:08 am

Ono, snake's Wheelhouse http://wheelhousefalkirk.com/ recommendation for Falkirk, but not the Copper Top for me (a guy had a heart attack last time I was in there, but they propped him up beside the puddings and carried on as if nothing had happened). Polmont/Grangemouth would be Salt of the Earth http://www.saltoftheearth.uk.net/ which is owned by the folk who used to have the Copper Top. Larbert/Stenhousemuir would have to be the Gulnar, Scotland's best Asian restaurant: http://www.gulnartandoori.co.uk/ but their website doesn't show a menu. Catlecary is ok, but a wee bit away from your indicated location.

Immo's house is, however, most central to all other local attractions! cheers
Gladstone
Gladstone

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:09 am

it was me who they propped up beside the puddings....i faked the heart attack.... i managed 3 strawberry cheesecakes, 2 profiteroles and cream and a Knickerbocker Glory before they rumbled me
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladstone Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:01 am

SnakePlissken wrote:it was me who they propped up beside the puddings....i faked the heart attack.... i managed 3 strawberry cheesecakes, 2 profiteroles and cream and a Knickerbocker Glory before they rumbled me

Sorry about dipping your wallet. Embarassed Never realised you were Chinese. Shocked
Gladstone
Gladstone

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:03 am

SnakePlissken wrote:it was me who they propped up beside the puddings....i faked the heart attack.... i managed 3 strawberry cheesecakes, 2 profiteroles and cream and a Knickerbocker Glory before they rumbled me

he,s still got it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

niall o,dhubghaill

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:23 am

niall o,dhubghaill wrote:

he,s still got it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

That's why Huns shop at Iceland!
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:32 am

personally ive never shopped at iceland.... it used to be in the bus station in falkirk ...might still be,,,,but i was always tentative about going in....things that shouldnt be frozen seemed to be frozen and things like ice poles that should be frozen werent....it freaked me out
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken

Back to top Go down

Post by fairdoes1 Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:25 am

there's a clinic in switzerland or a well-appointed heroin consumption room in Frankfurt which I would recommend over anything if falkirk or larbert
fairdoes1
fairdoes1

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:33 am

Bigot Evil or Very Mad

Laughing
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:00 am

Ono, just find the M876 asap and the fukk outta there.

supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941

Back to top Go down

Post by onomatopoeia Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:38 am

Thanks for this guys, fortunately my Stirlingshire plans have been put on hold til later in the year cheers

onomatopoeia

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:38 am

women!!.....when they're not ripping your fukkin heart out they're dismissively shredding the pages of your Good Food Guide No
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:56 am

A narrow escape Ono. I'd recommend veering more over to the Stirling side of the area, or further west.
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down