At What Age Does It Become Acceptable To Like Country Music

+2
supermo
JimmyMcGrory
6 posters

Go down

At What Age Does It Become Acceptable To Like Country Music Empty At What Age Does It Become Acceptable To Like Country Music

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:29 am

Not that Dolly Parker, Tammy Lynette nonsense but proper stuff like Jimmy Cash & Garry Lee Louis? scratch
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

At What Age Does It Become Acceptable To Like Country Music Empty Re: At What Age Does It Become Acceptable To Like Country Music

Post by supermo Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:21 am

JimmyMcGrory wrote:Not that Dolly Parker, Tammy Lynette nonsense but proper stuff like Jimmy Cash & Garry Lee Louis? scratch

No age really Jimmy. For some people it just seems to creep up on them.

Btw Johnny Cash is a separate genre in his own right, not just "country" ffs.

Some weird fukkin stuff on the jukeboxes during my recent trip to the western states though....like this:

And that was the better stuff.
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

At What Age Does It Become Acceptable To Like Country Music Empty Re: At What Age Does It Become Acceptable To Like Country Music

Post by Gladstone Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:27 pm

supermo wrote:
JimmyMcGrory wrote:Not that Dolly Parker, Tammy Lynette nonsense but proper stuff like Jimmy Cash & Garry Lee Louis? scratch

No age really Jimmy. For some people it just seems to creep up on them.

Btw Johnny Cash is a separate genre in his own right, not just "country" ffs.

Some weird fukkin stuff on the jukeboxes during my recent trip to the western states though....like this:

And that was the better stuff.

I seem to recognise these good ole boys. But I'm unsure about them without their usual cone hats.
Gladstone
Gladstone

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:37 am

you're selling Tammy short Crying or Very sad
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:47 am

Fuckin right he is man. Evil or Very Mad

You show me someone who isn't moved by an old hooty-owl hooty-hootin to the dove...

...and I'll show you a man who's also a stranger to the big, yaller moon and the sagebrush ooh-la-la. No

Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228

Back to top Go down

Post by fairdoes1 Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:15 am

I'd be very suspicious of anyone who didn't like Gram Parson, Johnny Cash etc. by the time they were 25
fairdoes1
fairdoes1

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by fairdoes1 Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:16 am

I'd be very suspicious of anyone who didn't like Gram Parson, Johnny Cash etc. by the time they were 25
fairdoes1
fairdoes1

Back to top Go down

Post by fairdoes1 Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:17 am

oh god - I've turned into one of those old cunts who double posts and don't know why... last winter my nose ran for 4 months and I never noticed. Definitely getting decrepit.
fairdoes1
fairdoes1

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:27 am

I've a feeling you and Sev are going to get on like a house on fire.

Did you advise him how to post his pics from Oz? Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by fairdoes1 Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:50 am

No. But I had a look at them. Polaroid's improved.

& I'll take my friends where I can get them.
fairdoes1
fairdoes1

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:54 am

fairdoes1 wrote:I'd be very suspicious of anyone who didn't like Gram Parson, Johnny Cash etc. by the time they were 25

You heard of this mob, FD?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Parsonage_(choir)

I know one of them, fukkin mental. Here's a dodgy video of them murdering a Joy Division song, with the mic too near the guitarist.

http://vimeo.com/6623441
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:58 am

Here's the assassination of White Rabbit recorded in Govanhill, from YouTube. Video quality is SHITE!!!

supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:04 am

Anyway, one of the singers in the Parsonage also plays rhythm guitar for a frankly bizarre band called Big Ned.

He's the guy with tie and the funny hair. Seems to have about 5 music and 3 arts projects all going at any one time. Which may explain a few things..... Shocked
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by fairdoes1 Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 am

is that inside the baths? ffs. That's what makes it an arts project!
is it anything to do with the parsonages who fish stiffs out of the clyde?

The Glasgow music scene hasn't changed since I was last in touch with it - in 1988.

to be fair they sound quite good! - you can use that line if you are doing their PR!
fairdoes1
fairdoes1

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:16 am

fairdoes1 wrote:is that inside the baths? ffs. That's what makes it an arts project!
is it anything to do with the parsonages who fish stiffs out of the clyde?

The Glasgow music scene hasn't changed since I was last in touch with it - in 1988.

to be fair they sound quite good! - you can use that line if you are doing their PR!

No they're actually named after the Gramster himself. It's, uh, post-ironic?

And nobody in their right minds would do PR for them. They'd be better hiring a video producer.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by fairdoes1 Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:18 am

To be fair - they're not a visual kind of act whereas the other Big Ned video is better produced but that just makes the flabby flesh more nauseating.
fairdoes1
fairdoes1

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:22 am

You may not be surprised to discover that the lead guitarist in Big Ned has a full time job as....a professional video editor.

supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by fairdoes1 Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:26 am

Embarassed who's fat mate's gonnae batter me!
fairdoes1
fairdoes1

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:28 am

I saw them at the ABC last year, they were fourth on the bill. The guy looks worse in the "flesh" as it were.

Fatter than Immogreen ffs. Bigger feet though Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by fairdoes1 Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:31 am

You should introduce me to Immogreen some time -

I like to bully / patronise the afflicted Basketball
fairdoes1
fairdoes1

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:40 am

fairdoes1 wrote:You should introduce me to Immogreen some time -

I like to bully / patronise the afflicted Basketball

You'd be better patronising him, as he likes getting his tummy tickled.

If you bullied him he'd just flounce and we'd all be very unhappy.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:54 am

Watch it pally....

...just watch it. Twisted Evil

Laughing
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:59 am

Take a compliment, ffs man Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down