+3
bewlay
crownliquor
supermo
7 posters

Go down

Belfast, Friday Empty Belfast, Friday

Post by supermo Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:07 pm

I decided to resume my tour reports, even though I wonder why I bother sometimes (this meant leaving out a recent Amsterdam trip but fuck it you cunts wouldn't appreciate the culture). Hadn't been in Belfast for a few years, always have mixed feelings being there. On the one hand it's about as exciting as Falkirk on a Monday. On the other, it is interesting to track it's being dragged into the modern age, and not always for good. Belfast always had some fine Victorian buildings, like Glasgow or Manchester, but there's not many left. Parts of the centre are beginning to resemble so many other towns and cities, splattered with cheap-shit red and yellor brick buildings that don't look like they'll last 20 years.

Then there's the added frisson of this being Belfast, where both sides have some great craic. Def the nearest place to Glasgow in terms of being populated by strangers who'll talk to you all day long if you want. Had a very interesting conversation about Walter Smith, McCoist and Neil Lennon with a taxi driver of the bluenose persuasion (named Billy! Very Happy) We agreed Aberdeen were cunts.

Anyways, here is a certain bar, former employers to Gerry Adams and named after our halfwit admin:

Belfast, Friday CrownBar

It remains a fantastic place to visit. Apart from the Guinness (sadly no longer for me) you could spend an afternoon studying the glasswork and the wood carved ceiling. Here's a section of the glasswork near the entrance:

Belfast, Friday Glass

(The sign says "no football garments", so remember to leave your Stenny outfit at home if you ever visit, jaundice-face):

Belfast, Friday Bar

The "Norn Irn Supporters Club"....funny, I always thought Northern Ireland's colours were mainly green. Perhaps they ran out of paint?:

Belfast, Friday NIclub

The thing about Belfast and Derry (for those of use who aren't from there), it is easy to forget how small these cities are and how close together are their various "communities". On Friday we dropped by one of the vibrant native communities of Belfast, always keen to offer a friendly welcome:

Belfast, Friday Sandyrow

Footnote: Perhaps not surprisingly, NI has the lowest payment rate for the TV licence fee (second is the Western Isles, of course...) Snapped on Friday outside the BBC's Belfast studios are a crew of workshy cunts who think more of that money should be spent fattening up their already obscene final salary pensions....

Belfast, Friday NUJ

Manchester and Bradford next week......and Las Vegas next month
Cool
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Belfast, Friday Empty Re: Belfast, Friday

Post by crownliquor Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:48 pm

Ha! You cunts would have nothing to write about without me. It's hard being a hoopy hero. Very Happy

Don't go to Manchester without contacting sev, mo. After glad spurning him, he's already increased his pie enthusiasm. Pies Very Happy

Your reviews are always appreciated. cheers cheers cheers Test thinks you're a cunt, mind. Very Happy

Last edited by crownliquor on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by bewlay Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:49 pm

Been to most of those locations.Great place,great people.I actually found Derry a less hospitable place.

bewlay

Number of posts : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:31 am

Interesting report Mo, my brother was there on a stag night and had a hoot but its not for me. I'm not really a fan of cities TBH, I prefer somewhere a little more genteel Very Happy
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:42 am

bewlay wrote:Been to most of those locations.Great place,great people.I actually found Derry a less hospitable place.

I have family from Derry. It's more reserved and a bit more "small town", Bewlay, on both sides of the divide. The city walls are impressive and the Foyle is beautiful, but Derry doesn't do enough for visitors imo.

Plus they'd probably heard about your unreasonable behaviour before you arrived, you daft cunt geek
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:48 am

crownliquor wrote:Ha! You cunts would have nothing to write about without me. It's hard being a hoopy hero. Very Happy

Aye, it's all about you...Wanker

crownliquor wrote:Don't go to Manchester without contacting sev, mo. After glad spurning him, he's already increased his pie enthusiasm. Pies Very Happy

Won't have time I'm afraid. Dashing off to Bradford early doors on Saturday. Sorry, Sev! Unreliable Cunt

crownliquor wrote:Your reviews are always appreciated. cheers cheers cheers Test thinks you're a cunt, mind. Very Happy

Well the last couple got fukk all response. Not that I'm keeping score....much Evil or Very Mad

PS test is so close to you he keeps your knob warm with his intestines.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:23 am

supermo wrote:Well the last couple got fukk all response. Not that I'm keeping score....much Evil or Very Mad

Fuckin shockin innit. Evil or Very Mad

I'd flounce off for a month if I were you. Laughing

Nice review tho Cheers
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:22 am

Yeh, I even dedicated my New York one to you in the passing hope that you would de-flounce and re-appear rather quicker than the nazi did, you twinkle-toed sentimentalist. To no avail Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:23 am

"Won't have time I'm afraid. Dashing off to Bradford early doors on Saturday. Sorry, Sev!"

no worries mate, i live my life by the old adage that you should never meet yer heroes face to face, so you me and immo will never meet, the rest of yees i,ll have a pint with any day of the week. Laughing

niall o,dhubghaill

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladstone Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:52 am

niall o,dhubghaill wrote:"Won't have time I'm afraid. Dashing off to Bradford early doors on Saturday. Sorry, Sev!"

no worries mate, i live my life by the old adage that you should never meet yer heroes face to face, so you me and immo will never meet, the rest of yees i,ll have a pint with any day of the week. Laughing

Well, there's the real reason I never contacted you last month. pig
Gladstone
Gladstone

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Gladstone wrote:
niall o,dhubghaill wrote:"Won't have time I'm afraid. Dashing off to Bradford early doors on Saturday. Sorry, Sev!"

You mean you're too tight to buy Sev a pint, don't you?
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:07 am

Gladstone wrote:

really? i honestly thought you followed the same adage as i do glad, and thats why you never got in touch. Sad

niall o,dhubghaill

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:12 am

Very Happy Very Happy

You're the man, Sev.
supermo
supermo