Meego Tablet

+2
niall o,dhubghaill
crownliquor
6 posters

Go down

Meego Tablet Empty Meego Tablet

Post by crownliquor Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:51 am

This looks an interesting UI, much better than any Android or Windows ones I've seen so far:

crownliquor

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Meego Tablet Empty Re: Meego Tablet

Post by niall o,dhubghaill Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:23 am

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

i,m sure you make this shit up socket. Meego Tablet Icon_evil

niall o,dhubghaill

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Immo Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:34 am

Oh for goodness' sake Meego Tablet Icon_rolleyes

Look Crown... how many more times Meego Tablet Icon_rolleyes Meego Tablet Icon_rolleyes

Not 'Meego' Meego Tablet Icon_evil Meego Tablet Icon_evil

It's...

...."I want to go" Meego Tablet Icon_twisted Meego Tablet Icon_twisted

We'll deal with your confusion over the words 'toilet' and 'tablet' during a future session Meego Tablet Icon_cry

On another tack....

I see one of the riders in The Whatever-Incandescently-Thrilling-Bicycyle-Race-is-Currently-Going Tour-Trial got done for stabiliser abuse

Meego Tablet Icon_lol

I know my sport Meego Tablet 764307 Meego Tablet Icon_twisted Meego Tablet Icon_lol

Meego Tablet Kid_bi10
Immo
Immo

Number of posts : 5228
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Have you actually seen an iPad, Licker? The "Meego" seems like a straight rip-off of the iPad UI ("user interface" Sev, it's the bit you see and use).

Another wannabe product that may or may not hit the shelves to the collective indifference of the buying public..... Mad
supermo
supermo

Number of posts : 3941
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:53 pm

You're such an angry man mo, not everything needs to be confrontational, settle the fuck down. Meego Tablet Icon_twisted Meego Tablet Icon_biggrin
Have said from the start I thought an instant on web tablet was a brilliant idea and am sure the gaypad is a beautiful thing to use. I haven't used one, but are you sure Meego are ripping it off? Will have a look at some gaypad videos on the net.

Looked at this gayphone update video:

It's starting to look a decent phone now. Was even contemplating keeping the one my mate wants to sell me while cycling this morning, but then thought I couldn't live without being able to side load content. Also, I don't think you can download pocasts direct to the phone can you? Have my podcasts set up to connect to wifi, check for new episodes and download them automatically, same as on Nokias.

Please respond in a more measured manner, you stupid cunt. Meego Tablet Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Immo wrote:Oh for goodness' sake Meego Tablet Icon_rolleyes

Look Crown... how many more times Meego Tablet Icon_rolleyes Meego Tablet Icon_rolleyes

Not 'Meego' Meego Tablet Icon_evil Meego Tablet Icon_evil

It's...

...."I want to go" Meego Tablet Icon_twisted Meego Tablet Icon_twisted

We'll deal with your confusion over the words 'toilet' and 'tablet' during a future session Meego Tablet Icon_cry

On another tack....

I see one of the riders in The Whatever-Incandescently-Thrilling-Bicycyle-Race-is-Currently-Going Tour-Trial got done for stabiliser abuse

Meego Tablet Icon_lol

I know my sport Meego Tablet 764307 Meego Tablet Icon_twisted Meego Tablet Icon_lol

Meego Tablet Kid_bi10

Twat.

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:59 pm

Apple we're going to release a model for younger users but decided that Itouchkids wasn't a winner Meego Tablet Icon_razz
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:22 pm

They've added a new feature to the latest model instead James:

http://gizmodo.com/5571143/some-iphone-4-screens-have-yellow-bands-and-spots

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:26 am

Clearly these are special editions. Now that Gizmodo has revealed them, everybody will want one Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Another must have feature:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/apple-responds-over-iphone-4-reception-issues-youre-holding-th/

And this would have been funny if they were actually making any voice calls in the pictures:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/25/hey-apple-youre-holding-it-wrong/2#comments

Engadget are Apple fanboys by the way.

To be honest, all the smartphones I've had lose connection strength when you hold them, I tend to make a bit of a skeleton cradle with my fingers, supporting the bottom of the phone with my little finger, keeps reception at a decent level for calls. If you behave yourselves I'll post a picture after cycling. Meego Tablet Icon_biggrin
I also set phone to run on GSM only, turning 3g on when needed. This stops the constant hunting for a signal and gives a huge boost to battery life. I've read that you can't receive calls while utilising data on GSM, but not verified it.

Right, sun's shining......... Meego Tablet 750839 Meego Tablet 750839 Meego Tablet 750839 Meego Tablet 750839 Meego Tablet 750839 Meego Tablet 750839

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:44 pm

crownliquor wrote:Another must have feature:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/apple-responds-over-iphone-4-reception-issues-youre-holding-th/

And this would have been funny if they were actually making any voice calls in the pictures:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/25/hey-apple-youre-holding-it-wrong/2#comments

Engadget are Apple fanboys by the way.

To be honest, all the smartphones I've had lose connection strength when you hold them, I tend to make a bit of a skeleton cradle with my fingers, supporting the bottom of the phone with my little finger, keeps reception at a decent level for calls. If you behave yourselves I'll post a picture after cycling. Meego Tablet Icon_biggrin
I also set phone to run on GSM only, turning 3g on when needed. This stops the constant hunting for a signal and gives a huge boost to battery life. I've read that you can't receive calls while utilising data on GSM, but not verified it.

Right, sun's shining......... Meego Tablet 750839 Meego Tablet 750839 Meego Tablet 750839 Meego Tablet 750839 Meego Tablet 750839 Meego Tablet 750839

Fair point about holding smart phones, Licker. I note that Engadget couldn't even recreate the "problem" when they tried. Which suggests to me that the complainers are the usual ham fisted morons who can't hold a phone properly and spend their time typing one-fingered comments in forums complaining about something or other*. The guy's lucky Jobs didn't just tell him to fukk off.

The BBC always runs those "iPad / iPhone / iTunes doesn't work / scandal" stories on its website...based on a couple of Tweets by halfwits usually, or that unctuous fuckwit "technology correspondent" Rory Cellan-Jones (never trust a Welshman) without declaring that it's contractually in bed with Microsoft for hundreds of millions, and has been for years.

* Thanks be to God this forum is never like that Very Happy
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:23 am

How to hold your smartphone for maximum reception:

Meego Tablet Howtoholdyourphonedesir

Next week - How to locate the apostrophe on your keyboard (sev) Meego Tablet Icon_biggrin

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by supermo Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:41 am

You're a nail-biter Licker? Interesting.... Ponder2

I see Android has ripped off Apple's old Stickies app too.
supermo
supermo

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyMcGrory Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:21 am

It looks like crown is crackin one off with his other hand, fuck sake the man's truly a beast Meego Tablet Icon_lol Meego Tablet Icon_lol Meego Tablet Icon_lol
JimmyMcGrory
JimmyMcGrory

Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post by test Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:24 am

Had a quick play with the gaypad in the Apple store this afternoon. The CP, who's an Apple fanboi, doesn't like it. I thought it was great, but was surprised by the weight.

Meego Tablet 1bcef6d5

test

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:34 am

Made me laugh:

Ballmer doesn't get it. A tablet should be an instant on device. It's a coffee table appliance for use while watching tv. It needs Windows Phone7, Android or Chrome as an OS. Windows7 tablets will miss the point completely.

Spermo's still a twat mind. Meego Tablet Icon_biggrin

Meego Tablet Image017

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by crownliquor Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Was listening to a podcast yesterday and they said the gaypad doesn't have iOS4 yet and there was going to be a £5 charge for it. Have to say, this has surprised me.

The guy went on to say that having used multi-tasking on his gayphone4, he missed it so much on the gaypad he was picking up the phone to use instead of the pad.

crownliquor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum